QR Code Link to This Post
***Only Southern California candidates will be considered***
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with an in-house team of QA engineers to automate customer test cases leveraging Appium and Python.
- Interpret project specifications (requirements, architecture, functionality and design) and determine scope of test cases needed to effectively validate new features.
- Develop and maintain detailed test design, test plan, test cases, and traceability for the system under test.
- Collaborate with the development team, business analysts and project leads as necessary to keep test tasks on track.
- Play an integral part of the full life-cycle of the test phase of multiple integrated products from kick off until delivery and readiness to be released to the field.
- Track and analyze test results to isolate and reproduce defects.
- Conduct testing of mobile applications and/or web portal, including back-end verification of data.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience working in software quality assurance.
- Experience testing software products on multiple platforms, including web and mobile applications.
- 2+ years of experience using Appium and Python to fully automate test cases.
- Experience building and designing test cases and experience creating thorough documentation.
- Experience with build tools (GitHub, Jenkins, etc.).
- Exposure to JIRA or other bug tracking system is required.
- Experience with process methodologies (Agile) and documentation techniques.
- Proven ability to accurately estimate quality assurance work based on written requirements.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or relevant field is preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to troubleshoot complex software configuration problems.
- Enthusiasm about testing and quality in all facets and a liking to technical concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be a great team player.
- Ability to communicate status to cross-functional teams at project and issue level.
tags: sqa engineer, sqa analyst, software qa engineer, software qa analyst, automation engineer, automation test engineer, software tester