Pollen Systems is a Bellevue, WA based data analytics company that uses remote sensing data to monitor specialty crops in the Pacific Northwest and South America. We are currently working with various data sources including, UAV, manned-aircraft, satellite imagery and GIS datasets to diagnose nutrient deficiencies, estimate yields, identify pest and disease issues and more. We are looking to hire a part-time intern to assist with UAV image processing, GIS workflows and various other tasks. The ideal candidate will have a combination of experience with GIS, remote sensing and workflow automation. The position will require manipulating, processing and potentially analyzing large volumes of geospatial data, so a GIS foundation is critical.
QR Code Link to This Post
1. Some GIS experience (Introductory GIS courses up to GIS Minor/Certificate students)
2. Strong communication skills
3. Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
4. Willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced startup environment
Desired (not required) qualifications:
1. Remote sensing experience or coursework
2. Photogrammetry and UAV image processing knowledge
3. Knowledge of farming and farming practices
The intern will be under the supervision of our data scientists and developers and paid training will be provided where necessary. We anticipate 10-15 hours/week initially, with potential for full-time work after an evaluation period. Work will be performed in downtown Bellevue and pay is $16/hour.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume.
Post Type: 0
Available From: 0000-00-00 00:00:00
Available To: 0000-00-00 00:00:00