QR Code Link to This Post
with no glass celling where your growth is based on results you help achieve?
CRIGenetics.com is a fast growing, well established genetics company. We built the company from the ground up and completely self funded, no outside investors. Our office is located directly on Venice beach and we have a results oriented while laid back atmosphere. Our mission is to unlock complex information in our DNA and present it to individuals in an easy to understand way, thereby allowing individuals to learn more about themselves through genetics testing and improve their lives. Our mission is also to utilize genetic analysis in solving complex medical subjects and discover new information with the goal of improving human life and furthering our understanding of genetics.
We are looking for an amazing IT Software Manager with 4+ years experience in managing a team of developers, a strong ability to turn a general product idea into manageable and detailed pieces and a strong drive for personal growth and development. You can learn more about us and the position here: https://www.crigenetics.com/career
(Would you like us to take the time to review your application? Please submit a complete one. Incomplete applications show lack of interest and will be automatically removed from candidate pool)
What you will do:
-Manage team of 2-3 Back end developers (main focus of position), and 1-2 Front end Developers
-Communicated Ideas from management and product development into meaningful detailed goals for development
-Research project requirements
-Break them down into specific and detailed development chunks for developers to build
-Outline project timeline, identify bottlenecks
-communicated project updates and feedback to management to manage both developer timelines and management expectations
-Run the project;
-Build out/ organize project sprints,
-Be liaison between management and developers
-Help drive projects to completion from start to end
-Help move projects together with other teams and balance work load between team.
-Run multiple projects at the same time
-Full quality assurance of product prior to launch
- Help develop the Tesla of genetics and make positive impact on the world
What we look for in you:
4+ years Management experience of developers
-Understanding of scrum and project methodologies
-Working understanding of following languages:( not need to be able to actually code. However If you do have ability to code this is a plus and commands higher salary and growth):
-PHP, CakePHP, Java script,
-Database languages like sql and mysql,
-understanding of software architecture, and strategies
- html, Wordpress cms
-Familiar with Git, Docker, AWS, Linux, SSH, SFTP,
-Experience with documentation of systems for documenting processes and builds.
-Experience within an e-commerce space
- Experience with Asana, Basecamp or a like system
-Have strong communications skills
-Have problem solving skills in personal management, project management, and providing deliverable Good organizational skills
-PMP Certification is a plus but not required
Ability to prioritize and deliver results in a constantly changing environment.
Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
Here is what you can expect working here:
- Opportunity to make real positive impact on the world with your work
- Fast passed atmosphere focused on achieving results
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Full Health insurance paid 100% by us: PPO, Dental, Vision, (within 90 days of joining)
- Weekly Wednesday Yoga (optional)
- Fast passed and Friendly environment with easy to get along with team members
- Opportunity to learn new skills and very fast career growth (We pay for your courses)
- Casual attire
- Work directly on the beach, facing the ocean
- Monthly paid lunch outings
- Freedom you will not get anywhere else
- Quarterly company social trips (Company parties /BBQs/ Boating Trips/ paintball etc)
- No Glass ceiling, your growth is based on your results
- And the following questions answered:
1. What are the top 3 most challenging aspects of building a custom shopping cart?
2. Describe the most challenging project you managed, how many people, what was challenging about it, how did you over come it?
3. Why are you interested in being part of a genetics company rather than another industry such as software development, gaming, or other?