QR Code Link to This Post
Located in Westlake Village, CA, VS Media has been in business since 1996 specializing in highly interactive, high-traffic, live video chat websites. Team members constantly face unique challenges that make it fun to come to work every day!
NOTE: Some of our properties are adult-oriented (see flirt4free.com). Given that our focus is on highly interactive technology-based products, these are not necessarily your typical adult websites. We pride ourselves on being an extremely professional company, but candidates must be comfortable with the nature of these properties.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• 3+ years of Linux Administration experience
• Comfortable with the Linux or UNIX CLI
• Well versed in Linux administration and best practices
• Experience with Chef automated configuration management
• General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc...)
• General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc...)
Responsibilities will include:
• Hands-on provisioning of services, monitoring, upgrading hardware and software, configuration management, and understanding and maintaining peripheral services and software.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests through an established trouble ticketing system.
• Participate in an on-call rotation.
• Regular visits to our primary datacenter in El Segundo, CA.
401k with Employer Match -- Health Insurance -- Dental & Vision Insurance -- Monthly Bonus Program.
Details of benefits will be made available during interview. Health insurance is provided with a small employee contribution.
Please provide your resume, cover letter addressing your experience and your salary history. Any submissions without these items will not be considered. As this is a full-time, in-house position, we are unable to consider off-shore or telecommuting candidates.