QR Code Link to This Post
(Supports the EMC, Telecom, Radio/Wireless, Lighting, and Product Safety Departments)
Reports To: Chief Engineer.
Job Classification: Hourly (Non-Exempt), Full-Time (40 hrs/week), Overtime work may be required.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Engineer, a departmental supervisor or manager or a member of the senior engineering staff, the Lab Support Clerk Technician will:
• Ensure that all relevant items of equipment are calibrated in accordance with the approved BACL schedule
• Request Quotations for equipment repairs and/or equipment calibrations from designated repair and/or calibration service providers;
• Develop and submit for approval Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) for equipment repairs and/or equipment calibrations based upon Quotations provided by repair and/or calibration service providers.
• Document, pack, and arrange for shipping or pick-up of those equipments that have been approved for repairs and/or calibrations.
• Follow-up (by telephone and/or e-mail) on the status of all items that have been sent out or picked -up for repairs and/or calibrations;
• Upon receipt (via common carrier or hand delivery) of equipments back from repair and/or calibration, perform and document all required receiving inspections.
• Arrange for the purchase of all required expendable laboratory supplies, small parts, and small tools.
• Perform and maintain inventories of laboratory expendable supplies.
• Locate and arrange for the rental of needed Equipment.
• Install, maintain, and/or upgrade instrument software and or firmware.
Education and Experience (Minimum Requirements):
• Possession of a minimum of an AS Degree (or higher degree) from an accredited college or university, and a minimum of two years of work experience in any of the following areas: logistics management, purchasing, quality assurance, technical writing, library/archive administrative support (or document management).
• Proficient with office information technology equipment software programs such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc.;
• Very good interpersonal communication skills;
• Well organized and detailed oriented.