QR Code Link to This Post
VOLT is seeking candidates for “System Network Administrator” role with our client in Seattle, WA. This is a Direct Hire opportunity. The ideal candidate will be an experienced IT support team member with great communication and multi-tasking skills, knowledgeable in server and network administration, looking for a challenge. They will be eager to try different things and works to continually standardize and improve IS Department processes.
Key responsibilities are user support, systems monitoring, server administration and working with vendors on projects.
· Strong End user support skills
· Manage Users, security groups, email distribution groups, printers
· Monitor all systems and address issues related to Servers, network, office equipment, pc’s, security and access control, storage networks, telephone systems and associated applications
· Understand and able to troubleshoot complex problems with TCP/IP addresses, multiple IP subnets, routing, LANS, VLANS, name resolution and IP routing.
· Identify problems with existing systems; propose improvements
· Experience administering VMware
· Work with vendors and contractors on projects
· Monitor and address contract renewals as assigned
· Track and maintain compliance with Software Licenses.
· Continually improve systems and process documentation
Nice to Have
· Group policy management: Creating and organizing
· Create PowerShell scripts to automate repetitive and one-off tasks.
Ex: user creation, file system cleanup, Office 365 tasks, user printer connection and default printers
· Proficient in understanding SAN storage and management of devices including provisioning space and exporting volumes.
· Create and install operating systems for virtual servers
· Physical ability to install/ move large servers, monitors, printers, and computers.
· Ability to lift 50+ pounds, climb ladders, and install cable.
· Ability to work in an office environment
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize and complete projects timely.
· After hours and weekend work as required
VOLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer