QR Code Link to This Post
Under limited supervision, converts data from project specifications and statement of problem and procedures to create or modify computer programs requiring and applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate a sequence of steps that a program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Converts project specifications into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into a language readable by computers, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Designs and writes basic to moderately complex computer programs.
- Supports with application development, implementation, and sustainment as well as database implementation/administration (Oracle Back-End).
- Uses computer-aided software tools, such as flowchart design and code generation, in each stage of system development.
- Operates computer system to check out programs, troubleshoot and test systems.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters computer programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
- Prepares documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Assists in developing user manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance to program users as required.
- Provide software development and implementation support to an integrated team generally comprised of Air Force and JT4 employees
- Provides occasional work direction to subordinate department employees.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Programming; or equivalent technical training from an accredited academic institution, completion of a recognized certification program, or equivalent experience and demonstrated skills, knowledge, and technical competence in computer programming.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience.
- Proficiency with Classic ASP, ASP.NET, and C#.
- Proficiency with required computer languages and have a good understanding of computer systems including networks, servers, and personal computers.
- Must possess planning and organizing skills and be able to work under deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- State issued driverís license required.
- Top or Secret Security clearance required.