QR Code Link to This Post
The IT Manager is an integral part of our engineering and operations team and maintains the technology and functionality of our internal operating environment. Our goal is next level IT and we are looking for a IT Manager who can help design, build, maintain and enhance our Level 1 PCI security standard.
Our ideal candidate will have solid experience in MacOS, JAMF, Okta, GSuite and additional knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu) and Puppet.
This position will manage and implement procedures to automate many of our manual tasks. Our IT Manager will also maintain and install our network hardware and software, set up workstations and analyze hardware and software needs. This position is perfect for someone who likes a diverse set of projects, enjoys working hands-on with hardware, and who can identify areas for improvement and implement solutions. This position is key to our long-term growth, and this person will work closely with our founders. This is an excellent opportunity for a visionary IT Manager who wants to grow their skillset.
This is a full-time, in-house opportunity at our headquarters in downtown Santa Barbara, CA.
- Maintain and further develop automation and deployment tools:
- Assist where needed with Linux servers and Puppet automation.
- Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
- Maintains network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals and wiring.
- Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and meet their requirements.
- Establishes budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
- Establishes and controls systems access and security.
- Monitors and maintains network stability, collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades.
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunications services.
- Develops, maintains and tests disaster recovery plans.
- Manages basic facility-related systems (alarm, badging, conference room and coordinating with third parties).
- Configures basic firewalls and completes basic network troubleshooting (minimal cabling on occasion).
- Deploys security patches.
- Grows and manages a team (but is never afraid to roll up sleeves and handle tasks directly)
Skills and Requirements:
- Required Technical skills:
- MacOS administration
- Additional technical skills:
- Linux server administration
- Knowledge of LDAP policies, DNS, NTP, File Sharing
- Experience with tcpdump
- Some scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Experienced with firewall configuration, network troubleshooting and phone configuration
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Must be able to think big picture and long term
- Passionate about security
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
- Computer admin certifications, PCI Compliance, or CIS Hardening Standards
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates without a single dollar of outside investment, PayJunction has gone from bootstrapped to billions in processing. Initially profiting only pennies on every dollar, PayJunction, with a team of over 3,000 nationwide, now transacts over $3 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of clients.
As the leading developer of paperless payment software, PayJunction has eliminated the need to file away paper receipts, ultimately increasing productivity and reducing costs for small and medium sized businesses, but more importantly, reducing the carbon footprint of an entire industry. PayJunction takes pride in its design and engineering. We believe computer science is an art; it just happens to be the brush we use to paint our product with innovation and effectiveness.
Our brand was built with a long-term vision, our goal is to be a generational tech company and our integrity is the foundation of our success. PayJunction values long-term relationships over short-term profit. The owners still head day-to-day operations for the company, and are as dedicated to fostering the culture as they are to developing the product. PayJunction is a place where you can refine your skills in a supportive environment where wellness and work-life balance aren't just said, they're practiced.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- Large corporate HQ in downtown Santa Barbara, California
- Catered Friday lunches and stocked kitchen
- Free onsite fitness classes
- Game room complete with Xbox, pool table and corn hole
- Newly remodeled engineering wing
- An open work space with Herman Miller chair and multiple monitors
- Rooftop deck -- great place for breaks in the sunshine
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired by our team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our customers.
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.Apply Here: http://payjunction.com/jobs