QR Code Link to This Post
- Level = Couple Years to Awesome
- Salary Range = DOE + equity
- Job Location = USA-WA-Seattle
- Travel Percentage = 0%
- Position Type = Full Time
- Education Level = 4 Year Degree or certificate
- Prior Experience = At few years of engineering
Observa is an exciting young AI company headquartered in Seattle. We built out a beautiful technology platform and are selling our services in earnest. This position is for a Software Engineer that wants to move into a role with more leadership and management responsiblities. You will learn about managing people, products, and projects. Yes, we plan on mentoring you.
We know what we need to do and want you to help us get there without us micromanaging or dictating your every move. We also understand that even in the world of startups, having a life is the point of life!
Look us up on Geekwire before you apply so you understand what you might be getting into. We are fast-moving and work as a team to tackle the types of problems that large entities cannot.
We're looking for someone who's really good at some of these things
(These are also the things you would be working with here and have the opportunity to learn about even if you have no experience coming in)
- Microservices and message queues
- Server-side scripting languages, PHP
- API design and development
- App development and deployment
- AI, deep learning
- Image recognition
- Data training pipelines
- Docker containers
- Cloud based design and services
- Edge computing
- SQL databases
- NoSQL databases
Why Observa instead of a FAANG?
- Equity that means something
- Work that immediately sees the light of day
- Involvement in the entirety of the software lifecycle
- Better fit if you too have the drive to create and innovate
- Access to the company leadership and ability to become part of it
- Projects that you help define
If you're interested in joining the team and the adventure, please send a brief email describing your interest and a story from your professional life along with your resume.
Observa is committed to creating an environment free of harassment or discrimination of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all. Employment decisions at Observa are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We do not consider your gender, gender expression or identity, race, age, color, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disability, family or parental status, or any other status. We are a progressive and open-minded meritocracy and encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply. If you are smart, good at what you do, and willing to learn, we welcome you.