QR Code Link to This Post
Skyriver Network and Systems Engineering Team consists of a group of exceptionally talented engineers who own the design, implementation, optimization and the long-term roadmap for Skyriver's core network infrastructure and service center systems. The network built by this team enables business growth at a large scale and is the foundation for our next generation millimeter wave enterprise broadband service.
The ideal candidate is a deep technologist with a proven track record of building scalable IP networks. As a lead in this group, you will play a crucial role in creating a technical vision and evangelizing solutions. You have very strong ability to understand network architectures, set standards for engineering excellence, and create an environment where your team members are empowered to innovate. You will coach, mentor and provide technical guidance for a team of smart engineers who are passionate about the technology they own. The relationships you build with peers in Wireless Engineering and Network Operations will be key enablers of your success.
• 10+ years of experience in network engineering strategy, design, and implementation as applied to complex computing systems
• CCIE or 5+ years of lead or senior network engineering experience in a service provider environment
• Extensive experience in developing dynamic networks with infrastructure redundancy, and network link diversity to ensure high availability and disaster recovery
• Strong knowledge and hands-on experience on BGP and OSPF in large-scaled service provider environment
• Experience with design and implementation of advanced networking technologies and solutions including MPLS L2 and L3 VPN, virtual route forwarding, ether-channel, traffic-shaping, load balancing, VPN tunnels, WAN Optimization, IPv6, 6PE, 6VPE, etc.
• Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments
• Strong project and vendor management skills
• Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
• Self-motivated, attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn
• Strong leadership skills, communication skills, and a positive attitude
• Ability to clearly relay technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical people, written and verbally
• Ability to develop long-term strategies and influence leadership decisions
• Good understanding of Incident and Change Management procedures
• Experience in selecting Vendor/Device/WAN circuits a plus
• Experience in IT security, DDoS mitigation and auditing a plus
• Knowledge of standard networking monitoring technologies (SNMP, *Flow, etc.)
• Knowledge on network device configuration and management systems
• Knowledge and experience of Python, Perl or other script languages a plus
• Knowledge of Solarwinds NPM, Salesforce CRM a plus
• Experience in traffic engineering design and implementation a plus
Bachelors of Science Degree from a 4 year accredited university, preferably in Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Individuals may need to sit or stand intermittently as needed for up to 8 hours per day.
• May require walking primarily on a level surface for periods of up to 5 hours a day.
• Reaching and lifting above shoulder height and below the waist level
• Lifting as required to file documents, store materials, and move equipment throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
Applicant must be able to start work in US legally within one months with the sponsorship from Skyriver, such as H1B transfer, TN1, etc.
This position is classified as exempt from state and federal overtime pay provisions, because the duties and responsibilities meet the requirements for exemption under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The position will be required to work varying hours, weekends and holidays as the day-to-day job duties may require.
Skyriver, is a highly specialized and engineering-driven broadband company. Headquartered in San Diego, it is one of the first and largest independent Fixed Wireless Internet Service Providers. The business-class broadband service, designed for efficiency, scalability, and dependability, promises maximum performance for customers who rely on broadband for their business success.
Skyriver offers competitive compensation and employee benefit packages.