QR Code Link to This Post
Data center technicians work at the heart of the ReliableSite infrastructure. Building, maintaining, and troubleshooting server issues hands on to provide our global customer base with an exceptional experience. A great personality and a team player is a must.
- Can assemble a server/computer
- Basic understanding of networking (switches, routers, etc)
- Provide support for IT hardware as specified by or utilized in Data Center environment.
- Onsite server builds and decommissions
- OS installation and configuration
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot hardware/server issues with focus on responsiveness while providing problem resolution.
- Rebooting servers
- Creating system boot disks
- Checking status lights on equipment
- Replacing hot-swappable drives
- Racking and stacking servers and network equipment
- Verifying cable locations and plugging cables
- Cabling - install cables, connections and cross-connects to data center and customer equipment
- Escalating issues to ensure prompt resolution
- Collaboration with teammates
- Special preference for individuals willing to work nights, weekends, and/or second shifts.
- Some Linux and/or Windows Server experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of hardware components
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Soft Skills/Personality Traits
- Very Organized
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment