QR Code Link to This Post
This is an excellent opportunity for those wanting to work in non-profit and make a difference in the lives of seniors and those with disabilities. At the direction of the Administrative Director, the IT Manager is responsible for the ongoing support of all aspects of the organization's technology environment including software, hardware (including A/V equipment), networks, user accounts, and information security. This full-time role ensures that staff and volunteers receive friendly and proactive technical support.
Northshore Senior Center is the largest senior center in Washington with over 2500 members and counting. The Northshore Adult Day Center is part of the Northshore Senior Center. Our Adult Day Health program serves adults experiencing physical, mental or social problems associated with arthritis, diabetes, stroke, isolation, developmental disabilities, Alzheimer's and other conditions. We provide a safe and therapeutic activity program to aid the frail and disabled, offering families and caregivers time away from their responsibilities.
Mission: Northshore Senior Center promotes healthy aging and well-being in our community through programs, services, resources, and civic engagement.
Vision: We envision a community where everyone leads full, healthy, and inspired lives.
• Coordinate with organization leadership on the ongoing design, implementation and maintenance of the IT, database, telephone and business equipment systems for the organization.
• Provide first response, hands-on, direct technology, equipment and database support to staff and volunteer users. Determine when IT and data support issues should be escalated to a 3rd party vendor. Train and assist staff and volunteers on use of computers and programs.
• Hires, trains and supervises relevant staff and volunteers. Plans, monitors and appraises job results.
• Initiates, coordinates and enforces systems, policies and procedures to ensure user adoption while at the same time accomplishing organizational goals.
• Oversee management of a Salesforce CRM and Access CRM (and/or other database systems that may be used to supplement or replace these systems). Support Database Coordinator’s success in overseeing this body of work.
• Preserve data integrity and security by implementing and monitoring disaster recovery, back-up procedures, information security, remote access protocols and other control structures. Ensure data compliance with all relevant rules and regulations including HIPAA.
• Use all opportunities to educate staff and volunteers how to successfully navigate technology and data systems themselves while providing responsive support.
• Participate in budgeting for IT infrastructure and staffing by forecasting requirements, preparing cost estimates. Assist with selecting and installing new hardware and software and help train employees on its use.
• Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote cultural competence.
• Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and building cultural competence.
• Other duties/projects as necessary and/or assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• BA/BS in related field preferred. Five (5) years of computer/network maintenance experience.
• Ability to efficiently schedule, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks on a daily basis.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical information to a mostly non-technical staff.
• Ability to patiently work with staff and volunteers who have very little computer experience.
• Ability to write and document procedures clearly and effectively.
• Strong proficiency in working with all Microsoft operating systems.
• Experience with all of the Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
• Must have valid Washington State Drivers’ License, access to an insured vehicle and be able to travel to/from satellite sites.
Compensation and Benefits: Northshore Senior Center offers a very competitive wage, based on experience. Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance through Kaiser Permanente (PPO & HMO options) and dental insurance through Dental Select. Full-time employees receive employer paid basic life and long term disability insurance. 401(k) available the first day of the month after 30 days employment
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Must pass pre-employment background check.
Please email resume, or apply online at: https://hris.rminc.com/Careers/JobDetail.aspx?JobId=44811