QR Code Link to This Post
We are a small, creative, collaborative, and long-running software company located in Portland, OR specializing in the development and hosting of technology solutions for government transportation agencies. We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our DevOps / Operations Support team.
We offer a positive and flexible work environment, a beautiful office space, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operations, and maintenance of our custom software and related infrastructure (which currenctly consists of a co-lo supplemented by the cloud). This end game is to maintain consistency, reliability, and ensure customer satisfaction of our products in both the production and staging environments.
Duties and responsibilities
• Install and configure new systems - either physically or provisioned through the Cloud
• Contribute to and maintain system standards in both a staging and production environment
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated, approaches for system administration tasks.
Operations and Support
• Upgrade and test the Staging and Production modules as directed.
• Work with the Development team to fix bugs when they are discovered
• Streamline/improve Operations department processes
• Support the rest of the company with technical issues they might encounter
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of applications, server resources.
• Reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled automated tasks.
• Provide technical application support to Department of Transportation representatives through the use of our ticketing system
• Troubleshoot issues in a 24/7 support environment.
• Be a part of our on-call team for after-hours support
The ability to quickly and actively troubleshoot problems in a real-time environment - In both a staging environment and more importantly a production environment is a key factor in Systems Administration.
• Understanding the network flow of the end point communications.
• Comfortable with speaking directly to end users about issues.
• Ability to script to make tasks simpler and more consistent across the infrastructure
• 3+ years' experience actively troubleshooting network/systems.
• A strong grasp of computer, and operational security.
• Maintain a personable attitude in all interactions with end users, and the ability to articulate a response without overwhelming the user with technical information.
• Understanding of network protocols to help troubleshoot network issues that may have an effect on deployed applications.
• Experience with Database Administration, and general SQL knowledge.
• Experience managing web servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Wildfly)
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Perl)
• Proficiency in Linux and Windows
• Understanding of and experience with HTML/XML/markup languages
Compensation: $50-$70K depending on experience plus company-paid medical, dental, and vision for employee and family members; 401K with employer match up to 6%, life insurance policy; short-term and long-term disability; paid holidays; and generous vacation and sick-time allowance.