QR Code Link to This Post
Our rapidly expanding Internet group in Culver City (Silicon Beach) is seeking to hire a data engineer with both conceptual and hands-on experience working in an Amazon Web Services Big Data environment with structured and semi-structured data. Ideal candidate will be a quick learner who is enthusiastic about all aspects of data development, including data transport, data processing & transformation, data integration and data warehousing.
• Hands-on experience working in AWS using S3, Glue, and Athena.
• Experience working with the Scala programming language.
• Experience with Linux-based operating systems.
• Experience with Linux bash scripting.
• Experience with ETL toolsets.
• Solid proficiency in SQL.
• Experience with RDBMS and Data Warehousing.
• Experience with JSON formatted data.
• Experience with version control systems (Git).
• Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve production data integrity and performance issues.
• Proficient in writing technical specifications and documentation.
• A solid understanding of relational database architecture, including primary/foreign keys/constraints.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Experience with AWS Lambda & Nodejs.
• Experience with Apache Spark & Spark SQL.
• Demonstrable ability in data modeling.
• Experience with Ubuntu Linux.
• Experience with AWS Batch, CLI, IAM Roles & Policies, SQS (Simple Queue Service) and/or Step Functions.
• Experience with Parquet & ORC.
This is a fast-paced office so we have high expectations. However, we are also a small and close-knit office with a great culture. The benefits are generous and include a Pension Plan, 401K and health/dental insurance.
This is a full time, onsite position only, No Agencies. Depending on individual circumstances, some telecommuting may be allowed.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Globe Life is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.