QR Code Link to This Post
TITLE: JR Network Administrator
STATUS: Full-time, salary
SCHEDULE: Day shift
- Provides advance support; troubleshoots repairs, maintains, installs, trains, and tests on various network systems and server systems. Identifies problems and coordinates appropriate corrective action escalating problems as necessary.
- Provides backup maintenance activities such as: back up servers, transfer files between systems, and implementing archiving standards. Performs installation of software and upgrades.
- Help in the planning and development of the network and network services.
- Provides maintenance of servers, firewalls, and switches.
- Provides monitoring and testing of the network.
- Helping user and customers with network issues.
- Reviews and implements security procedures.
Contacts are normally made with others both inside and outside the organization. Contacts include all other departmental employees, vendors, team members, inspectors, clients. The majority of contacts are made in-person with some contact over the phone.
Specific Job Skills and Requirements:
- Knowledge of Networking protocols, IPv4, IPv6, IPsec, SFTP, and etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and cloud computing platforms such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Ability to setup and maintain Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Assist users
- Knowledge of network servers and network systems
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data and programs to determine problems and plan appropriate actions and changes
- Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems and PowerShell Scripting
- Communicate complex information orally and in writing; communicate effectively including active listening, problem solving and training skills
- Organize and prioritize workload; maintain effective working relationships
- Work independently with minimal direction
- Read, write and speak English at an acceptable level to perform job functions.
Mental and Phsyical Requirements:
Mental activities required include continuous operation of computer and office equipment, discretion/confidentiality, teamwork skills, and task handling; and frequent interpersonal interactions, problem solving for own work, analyzing/evaluation of complex information, decision making within company policy constraints, and basic math skills. Physical activities required include walking and sitting, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions using hands/wrists; and frequent standing, walking, talking, and handling. Position may regularly lift or carry up to 50 pounds.
Education and Experience:
- One or more years' experience in IT networks.
- Some higher education and/or vocational training specializing in computers; skills in network computing; some experience in computer applications; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
- Competitive pay plan with quarterly bonus plan
- 401K, medical, dental, vision, wellness, disability
- Stability- company is 26 years in business and leader in the field
- Great company culture with creative, fun, yet professional environment
- Excellent location in Beaverton near Washington Square with plenty of free parking, easy access to public transportation.
At Quiktrak, we provide field inspections, verification, and inventory auditing services for the equipment leasing, commercial lending, wholesale credit, and financing industries. Our mission is to provide our customers with accurate and timely reporting from the field with superior service. We have a casual, comfortable work environment with perks like free, good quality coffee and tea, quarterly bonuses and frequent company-wide events.