QR Code Link to This Post
We are a small San Diego area IT Services and Consulting firm that was established in 2000. We provide outsourced IT services such as help desk support, managed security, server implementation, networking, as well as managed and Cloud services. We are growing quickly and have opportunities for people who are looking for a challenge and are willing to grow with us.
Position Description - Support Desk Analyst
This position will require you to develop, coordinate and implement incident resolutions for existing clients to satisfy their support needs. You will provide Tier 1/2 technical support in a wide variety of network environments. Specifically you will be responsible for the timely and accurate troubleshooting of various business technologies for your clients. You must have the ability to quickly evaluate problems and either address the issue immediately.
In order to accomplish our customer service goals, you will also be required to work with other dedicated teams within our company. You will be escalating problems outside of your knowledge areas to these teams. You must be able to effectively communicate with the team, and the client regarding the disposition of support issues.
You will be required to communicate with everyone from the owner of a company, to the office manager, to the basic end user. This requires superior customer service abilities and is paramount in this position. Wallflowers need not apply.
Proven examples of where you have shown the ability to multi-task and solve problems effectively will be required in the interview. You must be able to work independently and be a team player. You must be able to explain solutions to non-technical people and manage your time well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems
• Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
• Basic remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
• Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
• System documentation maintenance and review in our ticketing management system
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
• Fast turnaround of customer requests
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
• Work with the Service Desk Manager to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
• Escalate service requests, and incidents that require deeper knowledge support
• Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur
• Understand processes in our ticketing system by completing assigned training materials
• Enter all work as service tickets into our ticketing system
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Please apply by clicking on the link provided below. Please allow for 30 minutes to complete the application process. Thank you for your time!