QR Code Link to This Post
Palo Alto Software is looking for...
A VP of Software Engineering, responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company. You will work closely with executive management to grow Palo Alto Software. Using an active and practical approach, you will direct all employees in the software development and IT departments to attain the company's strategic goals.
About our company and Eugene
We are a profitable, well-run business, that has been a market leader for over 25 years with our business planning and marketing planning software products. We have been named one of the 100 best companies to work for in Oregon by Oregon Business magazine.
You can learn more about our company culture and take a look at our offices here: https://www.paloalto.com/about-us/careers/
Also known as Track Town USA, Eugene is home of the University of Oregon. With a population of 215,000 people, Eugene and Springfield have a growing tech community. There is no such thing as traffic jams or a high cost-of-living here; welcome to the 10-minute commute and housing that averages $261,600. Eugene also has an excellent public school system, with South Eugene High School recently ranked by US News in the 99th percentile of the country's high schools. Learn more about living in Eugene: https://greatereugeneinc.com/living-here/
Also, check out this video to learn more about the Eugene tech community:https://www.facebook.com/techoregonswv/videos/1954664748113855/
About this role:
The VP of Software Engineering role will add a technical, mentoring, and mission-driven presence to our teams and lead all of our software engineering efforts. This role will report directly to the COO.
The ideal candidate is responsible for:
- Providing leadership to various development teams to support continued professional growth, efficiency, and intelligent decision making.
- Mentoring and facilitating skill growth for team members so they can achieve their professional goals.
- Working with HR to develop recruitment and hiring plans to grow the company's technical teams.
- Conducting research on key technology decisions and recommends options for various technical directions.
- Understanding business objectives and can facilitate technical decisions that optimize the use of resources.
- Working with product team leads to review processes and workflows, identify inefficiencies, and make improvements.
- Tracking, analyzing and monitoring technology performance metrics.
- Acting as a good steward of Palo Alto's resources and ensures control of development budgets.
- Working in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, product, and sales as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
Education & experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience; MBA a plus
- At least 10 years of experience in the software development arena.
- At least 7 years of leadership, management and strategic experience in similar companies.
- Current knowledge of SaaS development best practices and technologies
- Current experience with Java and React
- Ability to actively manage, communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Experience working with AWS environment.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools such as JIRA.
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment, and committed to driving projects to completion.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- A strong focus on metrics and know how to measure the health of software engineering teams.
HOW TO APPLY: Visit our website careers page (http://www.paloalto.com/about-us/careers/); or click on this direct link to the job application http://paloaltosoftware.applytojob.com/apply/VcVSBvI47n/VP-Of-Software-Engineering
About our development team
We use an agile process with two-week coding sprints, story point estimation, monthly retrospectives, and a solid commitment to continuous process improvement. As an engineering team, we develop our web applications using React, ES6, Java, Dropwizard, Redis, Postgres, and other contemporary technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.