QR Code Link to This Post
Operating from multiple locations, SEFNCO Communications has the ability to provide single source engineering, construction, and management solutions that meet the growing needs of phone, broadband, cable and cellular companies throughout the Western United States. Our expertise has positioned us to support local, State, and Federal agencies, including military installations. It is the same fundamentals that founded the company that drives SEFNCO today! SEFNCO Communications is committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our customers and the communities we live in.
The role of the Telecommunications Drafter is to work with closely with Outside Plant Engineers (OPEs) in CAD drafting as required for fiber, RF coax or wireless projects. Responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to, performing technical drafting and engineering design support for telecommunication projects.
The drafter will need to have a good understanding of CAD utilizing AutoCAD 3D Map prior to starting this position. The intent of this position is to gradually work the drafter into a Designer position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Keep customer-based compliance standards for drafting and lifecycle of projects by working with the customer and their peers.
• Develop CAD drawings for new and existing telecommunication projects.
• May be required to develop an understanding of proprietary design software through hands-on training.
• i.e., Map tools, SpatialNet Design Suite, Lode data and Job Tracking system
• Work with OPEs to ensure accurate information is presented on plan sets and when needed, assist them in the field.
• Follow very specific and detailed procedures already implemented and, at times, be required to adjust and adapt to changing standards and procedures without notice.
• Communicate effectively with direct and upper management and be able to speak to the progress of a project at any given time.
• At times of high production, mandatory OT will be implemented to keep in step with our Customers' needs and expectations.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficient knowledge and use of Autodesk AutoCAD software
• Ability to read and understand architectural/ engineering drawings
• Ability to manage, organize and layout drawing requirements
• Understanding architectural and construction detailing
• Familiar with Microsoft Office suite of products
• Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
• Proven strong analytic / problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced high volume work environment
• Dependable, flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as needed
• Ability to be on-call, as needed.
• Work independently under minimal supervision
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer. Must be able to perform physical activities (lifting heavy equipment up to 50lbs unassisted, bending, standing, climbing, or walking)
• Must possess valid (Class C) Driver's license, with a good driving record.
• Competitive wage
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Life Insurance/AD&D
To apply, send resumes via this posting with "Drafter_Spokane" on the subject line.
Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check required.
SEFNCO participates in E-Verify and E-Screen.
NO CALLS OR RECRUITERS, please!
SEFNCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer