QR Code Link to This Post
Do you have experience in web security? Do you have a passion for hacking? Are you legit enough to fix the vulnerabilities you find?
If your answer is yes, then PayJunction wants you as our security engineer. In this role, you will join our security-first team as a perpetual hacker with a mission to proactively and ethically break things in our production and internal infrastructures. Our security engineer will be responsible for system hardening and automating fixes in our Puppet infrastructure. Previous Puppet experience is welcomed but not necessary; we offer training!
You'll be a part of a group of developers who love what they do, challenge each other daily to improve and fully believe in our engineering philosophy. If you're passionate about data security and interested in leading our efforts, we want to meet you!
This is a full-time, in-house position at our headquarters in sunny Santa Barbara, CA!
As our perpetual hacker, you will:
- Attend Puppet training
- System hardening
- Ensure conformity to specs and fix non-conformity
- Proactively break our infrastructure and fix it by writing clean, secure, quality code
- Automate fixes and add them to our Puppet infrastructure
We're looking for someone who:
- Has participated in Capture the Flag (CTF) competitions and/or Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) challenges
- Is familiar with and utilizes CIS, OWASP, SANS and/or other hardening standards
- Can showcase their White Hat skills with tools and techniques like OpenVAS, Nessus, NMAP, Ettercap, SSL Scan, XSS, CSRF, Injection attacks and other relevant security concepts
- Has a fundamental desire to automate everything
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates without a single dollar of outside investment, PayJunction has gone from bootstrapped to billions in processing. Initially profiting only pennies on every dollar, PayJunction, with a team of over 3,000 nationwide, now transacts over $3 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of clients.
As the leading developer of paperless payment software, PayJunction has eliminated the need to file away paper receipts, ultimately increasing productivity and reducing costs for small and medium sized businesses, but more importantly, reducing the carbon footprint of an entire industry. PayJunction takes pride in its design and engineering. We believe computer science is an art; it just happens to be the brush we use to paint our product with innovation and effectiveness.
Our brand was built with a long-term vision, our goal is to be a generational tech company and our integrity is the foundation of our success. PayJunction values long-term relationships over short-term profit. The owners still head day-to-day operations for the company, and are as dedicated to fostering the culture as they are to developing the product. PayJunction is a place where you can refine your skills in a supportive environment where wellness and work-life balance aren't just said, they're practiced.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- Large corporate HQ in downtown Santa Barbara, California
- Catered Friday lunches and stocked kitchen
- Free onsite fitness classes
- Game room complete with Xbox, pool table and corn hole
- Newly remodeled engineering wing
- An open work space with Herman Miller chair and multiple monitors
- Rooftop deck -- great place for breaks in the sunshine
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired by our team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our customers.
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Apply Here: http://payjunction.com/jobs