QR Code Link to This Post
We have an opening in our IT department for a Database Administrator (SQL) who will be the subject matter expert on Fenwick’s SQL design, integrations, optimization, monitoring, licensing and securement. The Database Administrator will liaise across all departments that require SQL assistance and provide occasional on-call support. This position can be based in any of our offices with Mountain View/San Francisco office being preferred.
- Data management including traces, backups/recovery, logins, replication, SQL policy and best practices.
- Performance tuning, use of DMVs, counters, profiler, tuning advisor, etc. to ensure optimal performance.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate parameters are alarmed so problems are caught prior to impact.
- Design and code reviews by partnering with development DBAs to ensure optimal designs and coding practices are followed.
- Analysis and evaluation of system designs, practices and problems.
- Assist in migrating our SQL environment/workloads to the cloud as needed.
- Installing and upgrading.
- Licensing compliance.
- Control and monitor user access to the database; contacting database vendor for technical support as needed.
- Generate various reports by querying from database as per need.
- Knowledge of current SQL, operating systems and related components.
- Knowledge of server configuration and patch management utilizing Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience in data center operations including multisite data replication.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to conduct research, develop and present training programs and/or workshops.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to work effectively with all attorneys and staff professionals across the firm.
- Highly self-motivated and customer-oriented.
- Ability to deal responsibly with sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and secure manner.
- Windows Failover Clustering.
- HA Technology like Availability Groups and Listeners.
- Reporting Services / Data Warehousing / Indexing.
- Use of SQL in a hybrid cloud environment in Azure.
- Security incorporated into design and services (access control for example).
- Consolidate and eliminate databases; moving SQL data between on-prem and cloud systems.
- Experience with installing and configuring advanced monitoring and alerting using SCOM and other tools.
To be fully considered for this position, please apply directly online: http://www.fenwick.com/pages/Careers-Professional-Staff.aspx