QR Code Link to This Post
Dark Horse Comics is looking for an experienced iOS developer to join our team in Milwaukie, Oregon to support our digital comics platform.
We are the developers of the Dark Horse Comics app for iOS  and Android , a panel-based digital comic viewer and bookshelf. We also use Python/Django for content management and e-commerce web projects  and the LAMP stack for a small handful of other projects ,.Responsibilities:
- Enhance functionality and performance of iOS apps through prioritized feature development
- Collaborate on the maintenance and enhancement of our Android app
- Participate in our agile development process, which includes code reviews, pairing, daily standups, etc.
- Identify new opportunties to enhance conversions, process efficiency, and scalability
- Assist with requirements gathering, quality assurance and other pieces of the development lifecycle as needed
We expect you to have the following:
- Ability to work full-time and on-site at our Milwaukie, OR office
- Deep knowledge of iOS development, including Objective C and the latest Swift advancements
- Familiarity with version control, project management, and issue tracking tools
- Willingness to learn relevant new technologies
- Solid understanding of databases, SQL, and caching
- A strong desire to collaborate, listen and learn!
Bonus points for experience with:
- Significant Android development experience in Java and/or Kotlin
- Usage of Realm database on mobile
- Performance tuning for large applications at scale
- Python/Django experience
- Linux administration
- Excellent medical and other insurance benefits
- Good life/work balance: 40-hour weeks and flexible hours
- Free local gym membership
- Creative, casual work environment
- Sit/stand desks
- Free comics!
This is a full-time, salaried position located in our corporate office. For immediate consideration, please send your LinkedIn URL along with any relevant links (GitHub repos or portfolio sites) and attach your PDF-formatted resume and salary requirements. Extra credit if you can describe one thing you'd like to change about the way comic books are created, sold, or read.