QR Code Link to This Post
***Role & Responsibilities***
The main focus of the role will be teaching lessons to elementary, middle and high school students, assessing their needs and helping students develop an understanding of the material, and providing motivation for the students to keep exploring STEM subjects and learning.
We are looking for someone who is interested in developing modules to teach in ONE or more the following areas of coding/technology:
- Arduino/electronics: robotics, coding, wearable-tech, Arduino programming, Raspberry Pi
- Mobile development (Swift)
- Other coding games: Roblox, Minecraft, Swift Playground, Scratch Jr.
There are opportunities to teach at various age levels: elementary, middle and high school students.
Throughout the position, you'll be asked to work closely with the leadership team. This is a high-collaboration environment where creative thinkers and hard workers can shine. Most importantly, you'll be embarking on a mission to change the way students learn.
These teaching positions are currently part-time in Brooklyn, NY during after-school and weekends. Your teaching schedule is flexible, as you choose which classes you want to sign up for. However, our classes are only hosted at these times during the week:
Monday through Friday:
- 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm
- 10:00 am to 1:30 pm
If you cannot teach during any of these time slots, please do not apply for the position.
- A fun and engaging educator with the ability to transmit that passion to others (young people)
- An excellent communicator of complex and abstract concepts
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the next generation
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out
- Tech savvy and fundamentals gained through experience in school, math or related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Flexible schedule, but the ability to commit to teaching on a consistent basis
- Capacity to understand students and make them feel understood
- Are comfortable with collaboration with diverse groups, and fast decision-making
- Experience working with youth
- If you are a current or former elementary/secondary teacher, also a plus, but not required
- Must agree to and pass a criminal background check and complete instructor training within a timely manner
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to general audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills: high energy, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable
- Patience with others
- Team player
- You are empathetic with a keen ability to read people. You have a sense of both individual motivations and the needs of others
- You have a low ego and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach to work. You possess humility and grit, willing to take on both "lower level" and "higher level" projects based on what needs to be done. The phrase "that's not my job" is not something you would say
***What We Offer***
- We're socially responsible when it comes to compensation, providing more than nationally recognized instruction companies
- Flexible work schedule
- The opportunity to join a social venture organization with an opportunity to work with us long-term
If you're interested, email us with your resume and tell us about yourself!
About Blue Studios
Blue Studios provides best STEM programs for your kids on your schedule. From coding to aerospace engineering to microbiology and much more all under one roof. Designed for kids in kindergarten through high school, we give families the opportunity to enjoy a variety of STEM experiences on a flexible schedule, guaranteeing an exciting, and dare we say it, fun experience for your kids.
Learn more at www.bluestudios.io