QR Code Link to This Post
Please read entire post before submitting your resume, cover letter, and salary history. If you are qualified, please put in the subject line of your email: I AM QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION
Please email your application to email@example.com. We're looking for a full-time computer technician with server and network experience who is highly motivated, detail-oriented, and has great customer service skills. This position will be a good fit for a responsible, punctual, committed person who can work well with a team or without supervision depending on need. You will be working out of our Montrose, CA office Monday through Friday, 9am to 5:30pm and will be expected to drive to client sites using a company provided vehicle. Occasional after-hours and weekend work will be required. You must be able to pass a background check and agree to sign privacy agreements. The type of work will vary from day to day but typical jobs include everything from minor desktop troubleshooting to complete infrastructure deployment. This is not a "system administration position" We are hiring an experienced IT professional who will be working with business clients and will be expected to uphold professional decorum and excellent customer relations. Key qualifications include:
• Solid Troubleshooting Skills! -- Your troubleshooting skills will be tested during the interview process. You must be able to put your thoughts and steps into words and explain your process as you're asked to describe your troubleshooting steps to solve real-world problems we have experienced in the field.
• Ability to Multitask and Personal Responsibility -- You must be able to handle multiple problems and jobs at once, and will be responsible for the tasks and projects you've been assigned.
• Excellent Customer and Peer Relations Skills -- Customer service is critical. You must be an ego-free team player. Customers must be left feeling happy with your work and your behavior as a professional.
Specific technical experience required includes:
• Windows desktop operating system installation, troubleshooting, administration, and maintenance.
• Installation and troubleshooting common of desktop applications including Microsoft Office.
• Windows Server 2008-2016 hands-on troubleshooting experience.
• Extensive computer networking experience - A solid understanding of networking, e-mail systems, and common web protocols is a must.
• Microsoft Exchange and matching Microsoft Outlook hands-on experience.
• Minimum 3 years working in the IT service industry with relevant training, or 5 years without formal training.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- Clear, detailed reports and documentation will be expected.
PMCS, Inc. is a full-service IT solutions provider based in Montrose, CA, 15 minutes north of Downtown Los Angeles. We specialize in all aspects of IT management from design to implementation and support of computers, networks and servers. For 35 years PMCS has been an extension of our clients' business by becoming their remote and on-site "virtual" IT department. No job is too large or too small. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service backed by the finest technical expertise in the industry. PMCS is a Certified Microsoft Partner, Microsoft Small Business Specialist, and authorized reseller and solution provider for leading industry vendors. PMCS has won the Foothill's Best Computer Store for the last 12 years. As a solutions provider, we bundle our technical consulting services with hardware and software sales including the latest servers, routers, firewalls, Operating Systems, and applications, etc. PMCS covers the greater Los Angeles area and specialize in the needs of companies with 5 to 150 users. Our clients include all industries including legal, accounting, banking, entertainment, manufacturing, and travel.