QR Code Link to This Post
The Opportunity - SENIOR IT GENERALIST (NETWORK/HARDWARE)
Western Paper has a rare opportunity for a Senior IT Generalist position. This role is responsible for diagnosing and resolving complex problems involving servers and network infrastructure, and maintaining security and monitoring tools, while exhibiting proactive security expertise for our network. Successful candidates will have server and virtualization experience including installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting VMware, Windows operating systems, and server applications/software, Other responsibilities include reviewing all change requests for standards compliance and operational feasibility, and developing and implementing test plans to verify installation, upgrades, or repairs, including back-out plans. In the future, this individual may be involved in other projects including phone system upgrades, disaster recovery planning and testing (including assistance with documenting recovery scripts and procedures), as well as leading and directing the IT vision for hardware and networking across multiple locations while supervising a small team. This position is full time and located in the Denver office.
We're looking for exceptional people with the following skills:
- Prior experience in the support of the IT Infrastructure of a large scale business with emphasis on servers, infrastructure, storage and network hardware
- Proven administration of Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Hands-on experience with VMWare environments
- Experience with use of storage and virtualization tools for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Experience with SAN and disk storage administration methods for Windows Server
- Experience with backup tape libraries, retention schedules and vaulting techniques
- SQL and .NET knowledge is preferred
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
If hired, you're going to love working at Western Paper because you will:
- Have an incredible opportunity to develop new skills. You'll acquire practical, professional workplace experience.
- Earn a real shot at promotion! We love to recognize team member growth and success with advancement.
- Enjoy the friendly workplace atmosphere. You'll quickly become friends with coworkers and your supervisor!
- Feel a sense of pride. There's job security in knowing you're part of a proven, stable company that's growing!
- Be motivated by the team's strong work ethic. Our crew is eager to excel at providing customers a superior experience.
- Experience a sense of empowerment! You're always encouraged to solve problems, contribute ideas and make a difference.
- Find our leadership to be down to earth. They're accessible, caring and truly seek to inspire success
To learn more about this type of position at Western Paper, visit http://www.western-paper.com/office/
The Company--WESTERN PAPER DISTRIBUTORS
Western Paper Distributors is a thriving, award-winning supplier of cleaning supplies and equipment, food service packaging, laundry and warewash solutions. As a family-owned business for more than 40 years, we've built a stable and unique business where growth and promotion opportunities abound. Discover our spirit of employee development and promotion at www.western-paper.com/success-stories/
At Western Paper, colleagues become caring friends and team members are empowered to strategically solve problems, deliver results and make a difference.
We're growing fast because of our exceptional commitment to customer service and our remarkable relationships (and buying power) with the nation's leading product manufacturers. But it's the people--not the products--that make Western Paper such a rewarding and challenging place to work. We're a proud member/owner of Network Services Company, a $15 billion national organization--and a proven contributor to the local communities we work in. We recognize that anyone can deliver supplies, but nobody can provide the same relationship-based consulting, training, and unprecedented dedication to service that make Western Paper our customers' preferred provider. We support our team members with a competitive compensation package that includes a variety of benefits. To learn more visit www.western-paper.com/benefits/
If you're ready to advance your career, contribute to a team of some of the smartest, friendliest folks around and make a positive impact on people and the businesses they run...we're here to help! Get to know us better by visiting www.western-paper.com/get-to-know-us/
*We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
**Local candidates preferred.**