QR Code Link to This Post
Alterman, Inc. has an opening for the position of Lead Physical Security Systems Technician. The Lead Physical Security Systems Technician will be assigned responsibilities by the Project Manager or Service Manager to include project components and customer interactions. This position will assume the responsibility and accountability for the execution of all project assignments as determined by the lead project manager and Alterman management. Tasks will be carried out at the lowest cost, safely, and at the highest quality consistent with contract requirements and good business practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform routine installation, termination, cabling, testing and/or programming of end devices for access
control, CCTV and security infrastructure in a commercial environment.
• Ability to program and troubleshoot advanced electronic control systems.
• Ensure that all duties of this position are carried out in compliance with Alterman's stated mission, vision,
values, safety standards, and company policies and procedures.
• Assume additional tasks that are assigned by the lead project manager or which are logically inherent to this
position and be willing to put in the effort that is necessary to ensure that job duties are performed
completely and accurately.
• Communicate effectively with customers and/or Alterman personnel to ensure expectations are being met
and assigned duties are effectively achieved.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in the security industry.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Must have very good knowledge of test equipment such as multi-meters.
• Ability to read and understand plans and specifications to include blue prints, proposals, and other
documents as they relate to Technologies work.
• Texas Security license is preferred (not required). If not licensed, must be able to pass exams, background
checks, etc. Certification and/or experience using Lenel, Open Options, AMAG, Salient, Video Insight or
Exacq is a plus.
• Experience managing crews and the ability to work independently.
• Must be self-driven and motivated.
• Must consent to a pre-employment background and drug screen.
• Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable
• Ability to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable
Alterman is an EOE.