QR Code Link to This Post
This position is under the direct supervision of the CTO/VP of Technology. The Systems Technician is responsible for providing maintenance and tech support for the day-to-day delivery of security services, and requires minimum 2-3 years of experience with CCTV, VMS, IT, Security Technology, IP Cameras, Access Control, Alarm Systems, Blueprints, Video analytics, and testing/troubleshooting and installation of equipment and hardware.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Technician will be responsible for conducting on-site assessments, reading blueprints, collecting data, making recommendations, coordinating installation and troubleshooting, and for the coordination of the project design and implementation, providing needed assistance in accordance to company or department procedures. The Technician will assist with training new staff members, and may be asked to perform other related duties, as needed and assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
• Analyze, survey and evaluate on-site and on location, and make recommendations.
• Prepare for installation, lay out, equipment needs and plan implementation.
• Establish system by connecting low-voltage cables, programming and calibrating equipment and signals, troubleshooting and identifying and correcting issues.
• Maintain work records, document installation and equipment needs, maintain safe and secure work environment by following best practices and by maintaining confidentiality.
1. High school diploma or equivalent, trade/technical school training and/or experience preferred, be at least 18 years of age, must be a citizen or a legal resident alien, and provide current residence address.
2. Must have a good working knowledge of technology and support systems, operations, safety practices, and capacity to work in varied places and locations.
3. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, company and the customer, to understand and follow standard operating procedures (SOP's), to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance, to write reports, make independent good judgment decisions within proper policy or procedure.
Interested candidates are urged to send there resumes to Bagosto@kentservices.com ASAP!