QR Code Link to This Post
You will be working in a small team of multi-disciplined engineers on creating a next generation system. We expect you to be up to date on the happenings in the JVMbased server community, passionate about what you do and connected to the open source community. You will participate in overall system design, come up with webtailored solutions that emphasize reuse and good design patterns.
• Design, implement, and unit test complex software solutions.
• Partner with Product Development and project team to analyze business requirements, understand business goals, define project
roadmaps, and define use-cases to deliver technical solutions.
• Follow coding guidelines and best practices when coding a solution and assist in continually improving the guidelines.
• Implement new functionality in the UI and backend, including database access, integration through Web Services, etc. • Perform
performance tuning, improvement, balancing, automation
• Assist QA team in understanding the requirements and review test scripts.
• Troubleshoot and resolve defects.
• Provide required implementation, configuration, and deployment documentation.
• Troubleshoot production problems and work on their resolution.
• Write technical documentation. • Follow agile practices.
• Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
• Very passionate about coding and continuous refactoring
• Aims for excellence and high quality through usable and maintainable code
• A master of:
o A JVM based language
o Spring (or another DI platform)
o Developing REST APIs
• Able to demonstrate expert knowledge in the following things
o Java 8 + Spring Boot
o Unit tests
o Continuous Integration and Delivery
o Integration & Load testing for APIs using Junit / JMeter / Selenium /
Groovy / etc
o Git with Branch and Release Management
o Maven or Gradle
o Building Secure and Robust Systems:
▪ SSL / Web Services Security / Token based security
▪ Encryption / Data Loss Prevention
• ORM (e.g JPA, Hibernate) and SQL
• Using Docker for deployment
• Familiar with AWS tools to leverage high availability and scalability of
applications (EC2 / S3)
• Worked with Postgres DB / MS SQL Server
• Worked with Mongo DB or other non-SQL DB
• Familiar with automated DB schema migration and tools (Liquibase / Flyway / MS Dacpac / etc)
• Familiar with Kubernetes / Rancher
• Familiar with Jenkins / Bamboo
• Familiar with some other programming language (C#, Phyton, Ruby, Grails, etc)
• Experience with different communication strategies for distributed systems (Rabbit MQ / Kafka / Sockets / REST / GraphQL / etc)
• Experience with big data and analytics tools (Hive / Hadoop / Spark / Tableau)
Contract position up to 18 months, preferred local candidate....