QR Code Link to This Post
In addition to the opportunity to influence this business and the local IT industry, we offer:
-A collaborative, professional team.
-OJT working with a wide variety of SMB and enterprise environments and technologies. Paid technical training.
-Competitive compensation, DOE.
-Medical, dental, vision benefits after 60 days.
-Paid time off and holidays. Paid sick time after 90 days.
-Snacks and a red Swingline.
Home base is in the Hollywood district of inner NE Portland, near restaurants, shops, public transportation, and easy, free parking. While much of our work is done remotely, onsite travel with actual F2F support is mainly in the Portland Metro area.
This position calls for an individual who combines cosmic technical skills with the ability to work with clients building solutions and resolving challenges. We need someone who can troubleshoot a complex network installation one minute, and engineer a server solution the next.
-Minimum of 5 years of strong network, server, and systems technical experience relevant to SMB and enterprise environments.
-Love working with people, learning new technologies, solving problems, managing projects, and developing processes.
-Energized by working on multiple projects, managing priorities.
-Education and Certifications a plus: CompTIA (A+, Net+, Security+, Server+), MCSA, MCITP, CCNA
Knowledge and Experience designing, implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting:
- Networking skills are critical: design/troubleshooting, routing, VLANs, layer 2/3 complexities, subnetting
- All Windows Standard and Enterprise Server editions (2008 through 2016)
- Windows Workstation OS Versions including Windows 10
- Windows Terminal Server, RDP, Citrix
- Virtualization, including VMware and Hyper-V
- Cloud consulting, migration and deployment - Azure
- Data protection- backup, disaster recovery
- Exchange server 2007-2016
- Microsoft Office Suites 2007-2016, Outlook IMAP, POP3, Exchange client admin, Office 365
- Firewall, switch, router technologies (e.g. Cisco, SonicWall, HP, Dell, Sophos, Meraki)
- Wireless technologies design and implementation (e.g. Cisco, Ruckus, Aruba)
- Best Practices for Network and System Security and security compliance standards (PCI, HIPAA)
- IP Telephony (FreePBX or similar)
- Kaseya SystemWatch and Autotask PSA
- MS SQL Server 2005-2016
- MS licensing, volume licensing
Please send your resume and cover letter with a brief description of your IT work experience.