QR Code Link to This Post
Web Content Analyst-Threat Research
Job Label: WEBR-WEB Analyst SD
Webroot, the worldwide leader in threat protection software, is looking for a Web Content Analyst ready to help improve the current BrightCloud service coverage and contribute to our continually growing web-filtering database. You’ll use effective problem-solving skills to recognize and categorize potentially dangerous sites. You will have the ability to work on various projects with different team members as you improve the customer experience and keep up with the ever evolving threats on the web.
Work with us, in this collaborative and valued role, to expand your technical skills and to maximize your growth in a technical career. While we offer the history and stability of the established company that we are, we also offer the flexibility and dynamics of a start-up, which affords you extraordinary variety in workload and project selection. Proficiency in classifying websites and with multiple browsers is a must. Some experience with Windows OS and MS Office as well as the ability to work well with teams will help you hit the ground running in this role. With 24 hour customer service, we have locations around the globe, allowing you to interact with teams located worldwide. Keep reading below for the skills and experience we value for our newest teammate in this role, then click Apply today to get started!
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As the Web Analyst, in our beautiful San Diego, CA office, your main objective is to comb through websites in order to classify and analyze URLs in support to the automated classifier tools. On a day to day basis you will be reviewing URLs, changing IP reputations and responding to customers regarding the health and safety of websites. Our web classification service is a robust solution with over 80 site categories like sports, shopping, and job search and many threat categories including phishing/fraud, malware, and spyware/adware sites. The Webroot network for classification is advanced and self-learning, and leverages the best of machine learning algorithms and human classification - that's where you come in. From day one, you will be working on projects with local, national, and global team members to address web safety and similar related issues. Depending on your particular strengths and likes, your team and those you interact with will change as you become increasingly strong in your technical focus. Your collaborative teamwork skills, along with your strong analytical skills, will allow you to effectively and efficiently contribute to the Webroot team in this dynamic role. Apply today, and help us to make the computing world a better place for businesses and consumers the world over!
- Classify uncategorized websites and identify miscategorized websites in a variety of languages
- Analyzing URLs and IP addresses for threats and make informed decisions based on contextual web information
- Proactively review data to train automated classifiers
- Support web analysis projects in specific languages
- Responding to customer queries via email in relation to URL and IP classifications
- Communicating internally with Technical Support and File Threat Researchers on inbound queries
- Working independently to meet tight deadlines
- Working with a fast-paced, global, cross-functional and multilingual team
- Demonstrating technical know-how, effective communication and getting things done
- Proactive, highly self-motivated, organized, responsible, and innovative in their job.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree or equivalent in IT field, or previous experience in IT industry or data analysis
- Proficient in Windows OS
- Familiar with MS Office, SharePoint and multiple browsers
- English fluency and excellent writing skills are required
- Exceptional internet research skills and utilizing translation resources on the Internet
- Must be able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Must be able to understand subtle nuances in categories and apply to websites
- A passion for web content and the web threat landscape is advantageous
NOTE: Your proficiency in writing/speaking another language besides English isn't mandatory BUT is a "huge" PLUS for us. This is extremely helpful to our team's ability to classify websites in different languages.
To apply for this position or refer someone you know, please use our online interview system managed by HireMojo.Apply for this job
Once you have completed the interview, your information will be forwarded to the recruiting team for decisions on next steps.
Related Keywords: websites, url, categorize, classify, malicious, threat, malware, web analyst, web content analyst, web classifying, classifiers, threat research, web-filtering, internet security, multilingual, IP addresses, web analysis, technical support, cross functional, software engineering, internet research