QR Code Link to This Post
We are currently looking for a 2nd Level Technician. The level 2 technician is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with escalation requests.
• IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
• Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server and Desktop OS
• Support services for VMware virtualization, especially vSphere (ESXi) and vCenter.
• Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
• Support disaster recovery using Veeamor StorageCraft Shadow Protect.
• Remote access support with FortiClient SSLVPN.
• Monitor the ConnectWise Automate alerts and respond accordingly through service tickets.
• Administer ConnectWise Automate system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review with senior system engineer.
• Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure in IT Glue and ConnectWise Manage.
• Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels to senior system engineer.
• Business awareness: willingness to attain knowledge of clients and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
• Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
• Responsible for entering time in ticketing system as they occur.
• Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by project manager.
• Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Required experience and abilities:
• 2 years experiencewith VMware ESXior similar hypervisor
• 2 years experiencewith Office365
• Strong knowledge of Windows ecosystem (Vista/7/8/10/ and Server 2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016)
• Setup and troubleshooting of networks including DHCP, DNS, IP/subnets, VLAN and routing
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues and investigate independently.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
• Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided.
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Ideal CandidateExperience and Abilities:
• Certifications such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Fortinet NSE, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
• Experience with ConnectWise Manage PSA
• Experience with ConnectWise Automate RMM
• Experience with Linux/Unix based environments
• Experience with macOS
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in network and system administration
• BA/BS in IT related field preferred but not required.
• Certifications preferred but not required.
• Health Insurance
• Paid Vacation and Sick Days
• Compensation $65,000 - $80,000 commensurate with skill level and experience.
Please include your Linkedin profile.