QR Code Link to This Post
Our ideal candidate has three or more years of experience as a network engineer in a customer facing environment supporting complex networked systems using a variety of monitoring and remote support technologies. Strong people skills are required as you will be interfacing directly with IT staff, end users and co-workers to help resolve technical issues in a timely manner. If you like to solve problems and 'get stuff done', then this position is for you.
Major Responsibilities Include:
• Provide prompt and courteous customer service to a diverse Client base
• Monitor network devices such as routers, switches and firewalls as well as network bandwidth utilization
• Monitoring of servers, backup systems, and server applications
• Troubleshoot and resolve server and network related hardware & software problems
• Remote patch management and reporting
• Configuration and management of SonicWall, Cisco, and various other firewalls/switches
• Setup and configuration of remote monitoring tools
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues covering everything from virtual server farms, to firewalls and routers, to VPNs, to mission critical applications
• Perform root cause analysis of issues and document problem resolutions that will feed into our knowledge base.
Major Skills and Experiences Should Include:
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
• Experience using remote desktop support tools
• Experience troubleshooting the Windows O/S, both Desktop and Server
• Experience working with Active Directory, Domain and Group policies, DNS, & DHCP
• Experience with RDS and/or Citrix environments
• Ability to troubleshoot network connections and devices
• Excellent understanding of TCP/IP protocols, subnets, and wireless protocols.
• 3 years of prior experience as a network engineer Level I and Level II within the last 5 years
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of computing hardware and server operating systems including VMware and/or Hyper-V environments
• Proficient with office productivity software including the Microsoft Office suite of applications
• Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to deliver detailed, professional documentation.
Other Helpful Skills:
• Knowledge of command line commands and ability to read and write scripts
• Knowledge of the Linux O/S (various flavors)
• Familiarity with the MAC environment
• VOIP troubleshooting and experience
• Experience with AV and encryption tools
• Experience managing and supporting SharePoint and SharePoint based applications
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange and managing an Exchange environment
• Experience with Backup Exec backup software
• Experience with Microsoft Azure and O365
• Experience with Amazon's AWS environment
• Experience with Backup Exec backup software.
About our NOC:
Our Clients are international in scope and require 24/7 support. To provide world class service and meet our Clients' service expectations, our Network Operations Center (NOC) is manned 24/7. Our current openings are for swing and night shifts only. Please apply only if you prefer working these shifts.