QR Code Link to This Post
VOLT is seeking candidates for The Database Administrator / Developer” role for our client in Kirkland, WA. This is a Direct Hire role and candidate in this role will oversee the daily operation, administration and well-being of clients SQL Server databases. The position helps architect database design, builds new table structures, views, stored procedures and / or refines existing backend systems and applications. The Database Administrator / Developer may be directly tasked with coding assignments based on team needs. Ensure database environments support application development needs, website initiatives, RETS, IDX, ETL and various system integrations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support database development initiatives and application development needs in close collaboration and synergy with the development team
- Investigates and troubleshoots complicated database applications, and stability issues involving large, sophisticated, and evolving system functions
- Maintains database integrity and security, including routine SQL Server database patching
- Monitors and conducts performance tuning of databases, indexes, stored procedures, SQL queries and applications
- Develops and maintains database disaster recovery plans, ensuring databases are backed up and fully recoverable, in conjunction with overall DR initiatives
- Installs, configures, deploys and migrates database systems as needed
- Monitors database growth, allocates storage and conducts capacity planning
- Adheres to best practices for change management processes
- Conducts SQL code reviews and design reviews with development team, and provides written and verbal review feedback to team members
- Works with Development Team Lead and Director of IT to implement and maintain database source control and automated database deployment methods
- Creates and maintains documentation of IT database processes, procedures, and policies
- Evaluates new and emerging software and other technologies that pertain to database needs
- Keeps Development Team Lead and Director of IT informed of project progress, potentially controversial matters, and any far-reaching implications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field
- Minimum 5 years of SQL Server Database Administration and application development experience, from the user interface to n-tier design, SQL Server relational database layout and development.
- Strong understanding of application security, load balancing, app monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented
- Communicates effectively and thoroughly with-IT Development team lead, Infrastructure Supervisor and all other employees as appropriate
- Maintains professional, positive, and supportive demeanor and attitude toward co-workers, and members as appropriate
VOLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer