QR Code Link to This Post
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks an experienced, professional, innovative, and detail oriented individual for our Test Engineering Technician I position located in Lewiston, ID. We're looking for a Test Technician with basic computer skills, knowledge of test equipment, and great presentation skills.
Specific areas of focus for this position:
Understanding and review of new circuit board layouts / schematics for manufacturability. Development of detailed knowledge of electronic components. Learn to develop sophisticated automated electronics testing solutions for circuit boards.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop and apply your knowledge and skill in hardware testing, development, and functionality validation towards critical infrastructure, then this position is for you!
This position is located at SEL's newest, state of the art manufacturing facility in Lewiston, ID where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
Test Engineering Technician I
- Design, build, validate, repair, and maintain test fixtures.
- Validate, repair, and maintain test stations.
- Perform data collection and troubleshooting of basic test station failures.
- Read, interpret, and create schematics and wire diagrams for fixtures and stations.
- Interpret test scripts and correct common errors. Write and validate basic test scripts.
- Assist Test engineers and technicians as required.
- Train production staff on test equipment and procedures.
- Follow SEL values.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two-year electronic technology associate degree or equivalent manufacturing experience
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of test equipment
- Basic technical writing and presentation skills
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.