QR Code Link to This Post
• Implements, configures, and supports all enterprise network systems globally
• Perform integration of the local and wide area networks, including the design, development, testing and implementation, for the field and corporate.
• Cisco router and switch configuration. Experience with Nexus is preferred.
• Participates in strategic initiatives by performing technical project activities.
• Performs all job related responsibilities with minimal management direction and guidance
• Responsible for EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing protocols as well as traffic shaping and prioritization.
• Administration and support of all routing and switching platforms within the enterprise data centers and branch locations.
• Monitor and track network performance to ensure WAN/LAN and Wireless network capacity is aligned line with business requirements.
• Address security deficiencies identified during regular audit and penetration testing.
• Participate in strategic planning sessions and make recommendations to management.
• Coordinate with vendors to research, evaluate, and provide recommendations for network related tools and emerging network technologies.
• Participate in rotating “on call” schedule with other members of the team.
• Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
• Education or experience equivalent to a four year college degree.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in supporting a large multi-platform local and wide area network environment.
• Strong experience in network technologies and products from Cisco and Brocade.
• Network-related certification preferred.
• Experience in developing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery practices.
• Experience planning and leading global small to medium scale storage related projects.
• Extensive operation’s experience with enterprise/carrier class routers and switches and next generation firewalls (Cisco, Brocade, Checkpoint)
• Advanced experience with BGP, EIGRP, OSPF routing protocols
• Ability to produce and maintain design and process documentation for presentation and operational support reference.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Microsoft Windows and office platform (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Designer and drawing (Visio)
• English (reading, writing, verbal)
• Ability explain complex technical detail to a mixed audience from Executive to IT
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
• Cisco CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
• Brocade BCNE
• Checkpoint CCSA
• Infoblox Gridmaster and IPAM administration
• Bluecoat Internet Proxy
• F5 and Netscaler load balancers