QR Code Link to This Post
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Support Engineer, you will work directly with customers on a technical basis to quickly and effectively restore 100% functions related to technology.
• Act as the primary resource to remotely resolve perform troubleshooting and lead problem-solving efforts to resolve client issues immediately and restore functionality at the end-user level
• Daily alert monitoring with responsibility for investigation and resolution of alerts to ensure that all network components are running successfully
• Maintain records in the ticketing system to reflect the time billed for an issue accompanied by detailed notes for client resolution.
• Primary resource for monthly validation of data backups
• Assist with training, onboarding, and mentorship of future personnel
• Participate in 24x7 On-Call rotation assignments
• Perform other duties as assigned
Proficiency with computing hardware and software including:
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications (Office 2007-2016)
• Knowledge of Office 365
• Desktop Configuration, Imaging & Standardization with BIOS knowledge
• Networking knowledge: router, firewall, WAP, switches
• Servers: SCSI configuration, Raid arrays, Backup tape drives
• MS Windows Server, MS SQL Server, MS Exchange Server
• DHCP, DNS, TCPIP, RRAS, Terminal Services
• Backup Software, devices and media
Knowledge and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience in remote support, helpdesk, network administration, and support activities in multi-user network environments.
• Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams as well as self-manage with a "get it done" attitude
• Strong communication skills with ability to assume ownership through complete resolution
• Demonstrate a high level of organizational skills with the ability to self-manage and prioritize a dynamic workload.
• Display an interest in career development, continual education, and a desire to create and implement innovative solutions.
• Successful completion of a background check
• Reliable transportation is required; Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work