QR Code Link to This Post
Who Is NC4?
NC4 delivers safety and security solutions that revolutionize how government and businesses
collect, manage, share and disseminate information to reduce cyber threats, fight crime,
mitigate risks, manage incidents, and securely communicate and collaborate with one another.
Sales Engineer Job Duties:
• Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call in support of three Regional Account Directors.
• Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
• Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating NC4 Street Smart® and associated cost reductions and operations improvements.
• Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
• Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
• Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Sales Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Software Requirements, Product Development, Presentation Skills, General Programming Skills, Technical Understanding, Verbal Communication, Requirements Analysis, Innovation
• Professional experience in the following technologies: o .NET, C#, ASP
• XSLT, XML XSL, JSON
• SQL, Oracle or other relational database
• VSTS, Git or other source control system
• HTML, Java Script, CSS
• Visual Studio
Exposure to the following is a plus:
• Angular 4, JQuery or other scripting library
• Azure and/or Azure Government
• Cosmos DB or other Non-SQL / Object databases
• Experience with agile development and software development life cycle
• Working knowledge in securing web applications to prevent attacks such as XSS, SQL Injection, Cross-site Request Forgery, etc.
The successful candidate in this role will have:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• 1 to 2 years of Sales Engineering experience on a Microsoft Windows platform
• Working knowledge of Agile development methodology
• Working knowledge of the Software Development Life-cycle
• Good oral and written communication
• Ability to complete tasks and assignments with limited supervision
• Ability to meet or exceed quality and secure programming guidelines (where applicable)
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and propose viable solutions
• Ability to collaborate with team members and to work independently
• Ability to work from home
Impact where it counts
-- we provide law enforcement personnel with a solution that provides them with critical, real-time crime information while on patrol on our nation's city streets. This state-of-the-art tool enables officers to share relevant, structured and unstructured information through situation-based bulletins and police blogs. The ability to visualize data points on maps and aggregate and share relevant information in real-time, keeps LEOs up-to-speed, informed and protected as they patrol our streets. NC4 Street Smart was the winner of the 2013 Microsoft Collaboration and Content Partner of the Year award for solving a pressing law enforcement technology challenge faced by the law enforcement community.
-- while we take pride in delivering results, we also enjoy a casual atmosphere . . . jeans and sneakers are common. NC4 has a strong reputation for taking care of employees, and the team is collaborative and upbeat.
Broad reach and unparalleled innovation
-- our solutions revolutionize how government and businesses collect, manage, share and disseminate information to mitigate risks, manage incidents, and securely communicate and collaborate with one another. We focus on
revolutionizing safety & security for:
• Private Sector
-- Corporate Security, Business Continuity, Operational Risk
Management, Travel Risk Management, Supply Chain Risk Management
• Public Sector
-- Law Enforcement, First Responders, Emergency Management, and Federal Outreach
Excellent compensation and benefits
-- in addition to a competitive salary/commission, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision plans; vacation/time off; a 401(k) plan with generous company match; flexible spending accounts; educational reimbursement; and more.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to HR@NC4.com
NC4 is an Equal Opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories