QR Code Link to This Post
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of "Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment."
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone's life.
1325 Iris Ave
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
On Call Monday thru Friday 7:40am to 4:10pm
Performs as an instructor in a regular classroom setting, presenting instructions in designated subject area
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and the operating principles.
2. Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom setting to insure maximum student motivation.
3. Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting in order to insure maximum learning.
4. Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport.
5. Utilizes all possible curriculum resources available.
6. Responsible for adequate classroom preparation.
7. Maintains student personnel folders.
8. Records and forwards daily attendance to the Student Records area.
9. Assists in the completion of all necessary Job Corps forms.
10. Responsible for building and equipment in seeing that security measures are taken and equipment and supplies are cared for.
11. Accountable for the cleanliness of classrooms.
12. Prepares reports such as student/staff hours, requisitions and monthly student evaluations, if needed.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum: 5+ years exp in industry
Preferred: One year in a teaching capacity with disadvantaged youth
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of required subject area, excellent communication skills, both oral and written, excellent organizational skills, must obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification, ability to motivate and inspire students, ability to effectively relate to student population
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.