QR Code Link to This Post
Duties include assisting with:
· Splicing various types and sizes of fiber optic cable including single mode, multimode, stranded and ribbon.
· Analyzing and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues.
· Reviewing and interpreting various maps, drawings and blueprints and testing documents.
· Performing daily tests, checks and maintenance of splicing and testing equipment.
· Performing optical continuity and conformance testing.
· Making splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations.
Basic Job Qualifications:
· High School diploma or GED equivalency
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in telecommunications or related technical field and the ability to supervise others
· Can interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements
· Identify and understand the difference between CAT 3 and CAT 5; Riser; Fiber optic; PVC, riser rated and plenum cable; Plenum and PVC environments
· Some experience with Fluke CAT#6 Tester
· Know the universal communications color codes
· Ability to work with others
· Able to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift trucks, etc.)
· Can work in confined spaces
· Must meet Company minimum driving standards
.Must have clear criminal background
Potential Start Date - 07/26/18