QR Code Link to This Post
This is a full-time position at our office, just North of Seattle, WA. We are looking for an experienced candidate to help our growing company, and the incredible businesses we support achieve even greater things. To learn more about what we do and how you may be able to help, please visit our website.
The Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at CrystalCommerce will report to the Head of Engineering and work alongside other talented members of the cross functional and collaborative team. We have a great group and a strong culture of positive mindset and never giving up. We seek to make massive global social impacts, and to economically empower entrepreneurs with a competitive advantage to help local win big.
- Extract legacy functionality from core platform into new services.
- Work with in-house and contract resources to resolve major performance bottlenecks.
- Mentor DevOps best practices with junior members of the team.
- Work with other members of the team to streamline development and testing processes.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience supporting live site and production systems.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Open source contributions
- Gem author, familiar with tools and publishing gems, how to modularize code into gems.
- Data model design: knows the pros and cons of different data store technologies, and can design data models to take advantage of them.
About the Team
Our growing engineering team is governed by the following set of principles:
- Well tested code - both coder and reviewer agree it meets the standard
- Leave it better than you found it, even if it's just adding comments about how it could be fixed
- There are no dumb questions
- Be excellent to each other
- Don't repeat yourself (modularity, libraries)
- Single responsibility principle
- Data integrity is NOT optional
- Tasks are idempotent
- Pair when possible
- No Silos
- No blame
What we Offer!
- Competitive Pay (This is a salaried position).
- Comprehensive Insurance Package - Medical insurance is covered up to 75% for you AND your family.
- Flexible work schedule and telecommuting opportunities.
- 401(k) with company matching up to 4%. Immediately eligible. Immediately vested.
- Two weeks of paid vacation per year to start, with bonuses for tenure.
- 8 paid Holidays per year.
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Office Cats! We have two of them, Buddy and Fred.
Please send a resume and cover letter to apply for this position. Failure to do say may result in your application not being accepted.