QR Code Link to This Post
Coding with Kids is inspiring the next generation of coders through computer programming education for grades K-12. We are seeking instructors to teach our after-school classes throughout the Washington D.C. area. If you love kids, are excited about teaching and coding, and want to impact the community, you will love being a part of our growing team!
What you'll do:
- Manage and instruct students at local elementary and middle schools
- Maintain progress notes on your classes and students
- Create a friendly and supportive class environment to support learning and creativity
- Assess your students' skill levels and instruct accordingly
- Transport equipment, as needed (not all instructors)
Who we are looking for:
A candidate with
- Experience leading groups of kids (calling all teachers, babysitters, camp counselors, etc.)!
- The ability to teach and motivate students of various ages
- A high degree of comfort with computers and has basic coding skills
- A sense of humor who adapts well to changing environments
- Access to reliable transportation and is willing to travel to different locations
- The capacity to teach a minimum of two days a week and can commit to teaching for the next 6-10 weeks
- $15 - $18 hourly rate + paid training + bonus opportunities
- Two to three hours per day, between 2:00pm-5:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Instructors have the opportunity for increased hours by teaching online classes from the comfort of their own home
Preferably, you are located in one of these areas:
- Washington D.C.
- Silver Spring
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply directly through Craigslist, or to expedite processing, apply directly at: https://www.codingwithkids.com/admin/apply-for-job?ad-source=Craigslist&position=Instructor
Coding with Kids in the News:
The TODAY Show hosted Coding With Kids in July 2019. Amazon Future Engineer and Coding with Kids have teamed up to offer scholarships bringing coding instruction to students nationwide. You can watch this video and work we've been doing with Amazon Future Engineer to provide scholarships to children in need for coding education!
View the video: https://www.today.com/video/coding-with-kids-inspires-next-generation-of-computer-whizzes-63933509736