QR Code Link to This Post
Salt Lake City, UT
Part Time (24 to 25 hrs/week)
The USDA Forest Service Geospatial Technology and Applications Center (GTAC), a national technical center in Salt Lake City, Utah, provides a range of geospatial data products and support services. The Disturbance Assessment and Services (DAS) Program at GTAC provides tactical and strategic geospatial support to Forest Service units and external partners. Principally, the DAS Program provides rapid (hours to months) assessment and analysis services following major disturbance events such as wildland fire, insect and disease mortality, and weather events.
We are seeking a part time GIS Analyst to support the work in Salt Lake City.
• Perform routine geospatial analysis support to conduct data management, processing, analysis, modeling and mapping activities using a variety of imagery and raster/vector geospatial datasets
• Conduct geospatial scripting/task automation functions to automate operational and/or repetitive task
• Design and implement automated and semi-automated geospatial work flows and processes using Forest Service enterprise and open source geospatial software/tools
• Acquire, compile, process and integrate geospatial data
• Conduct geospatial modeling/analysis and compile geospatial summary/reporting products
• Develop and generate cartographic/visualization products
• Generate, disseminate and manage web-based geospatial data/products and services (WMS, WFS, etc)
• Bachelor's degree in GIS or related field
• Must have significant Python scripting experience
• Must have strong development skills using open source applications, such as GDAL, PostgreSQL, QGIS and ArcPy
• Proficiency in using Forest Service enterprise geospatial software (ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, etc.)
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at www.cherokee-cnt.com
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT's expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf