QR Code Link to This Post
The Director of Engineering is part of the Senior Staff and has a passion for software development and team-building. Our ideal candidate has written and released lots of software, shipped products, contributed to platforms, tools and modules. Additionally, she/he has worked with several frameworks, designs and scaling models and understand the challenges involved with building large, distributed systems, used by thousands of people every day. Recruitment of new developers while growing the strengths of our existing team will be a major responsibility for our Director of Engineering. Our ideal candidate has been around the SaaS industry, knows what works and what doesn't, and is ready to try something new and fail fast when needed. Qualified candidates value collaboration and encourage it, and want to work using our efficient and low-stress approach. This position is based on-site in our Santa Barbara, CA, office.
In this role, you will:
- Effectively manage, mentor and grow the engineering team.
- Lead and contribute to design, architecture, process and development discussions.
- Develop business plans and budget plans that support both the long-term and the short-term objectives of the company.
- Maintain project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Clearly communicate scope of work and technical concepts to other managers, team-members and stakeholders.
- Improve and maintain the engineering structure to scale and grow with the values of the company.
- Lead peer code reviews and push code to production.
- Represent PayJunction engineering and management at local and industry events to help grow our brand within the community.
- Act as primary liaison to the recruiting team and lead engineering interviews to help recruit top tier software engineers.
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent. Masters or PhD preferred.
- 5+ years experience as a people manager.
- 5+ years experience as a product manager, including managing budgets.
- Experience working as a leader on a senior or executive leadership team.
- Hands on experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Fluent working in Linux Ubuntu.
- Selenium; Karma.
- Angular JS a plus.
- SaaS industry experience.
- Experience working with PCI requirements in an engineering environment a huge plus.
- A passion for security.
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates without a single dollar of outside investment, PayJunction has gone from bootstrapped to billions in processing. Initially profiting only pennies on every dollar, PayJunction, with a team of over 3,000 nationwide, now transacts over $3 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of clients.
As the leading developer of paperless payment software, PayJunction has eliminated the need to file away paper receipts, ultimately increasing productivity and reducing costs for small and medium sized businesses, but more importantly, reducing the carbon footprint of an entire industry. PayJunction takes pride in its design and engineering. We believe computer science is an art; it just happens to be the brush we use to paint our product with innovation and effectiveness.
Our brand was built with a long-term vision, our goal is to be a generational tech company and our integrity is the foundation of our success. PayJunction values long-term relationships over short-term profit. The owners still head day-to-day operations for the company, and are as dedicated to fostering the culture as they are to developing the product. PayJunction is a place where you can refine your skills in a supportive environment where wellness and work-life balance aren't just said, they're practiced.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- Large corporate HQ in downtown Santa Barbara, California
- Catered Friday lunches and stocked kitchen
- Free onsite fitness classes
- Game room complete with Xbox, pool table and corn hole
- Newly remodeled engineering wing
- An open work space with Herman Miller chair and multiple monitors
- Rooftop deck -- great place for breaks in the sunshine
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired by our team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our customers.
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Apply Here: http://payjunction.com/jobs