QR Code Link to This Post
TBG (The Berndt Group), www.berndtgroup.net, is an award-winning, national digital agency focused on meaningful digital transformations that combine leading user experience, implementation of platforms and automation, improved digital operations, and the adoption of best practices around personalization and user engagement. We are a leading Sitecore Gold partner, with 10+ years of experience developing major digital ecosystems on Sitecore. Our well-known clients span a wide range of sectors, with a high concentration in healthcare, financial services, and direct-to-consumer markets. At TBG, we work on a variety of interesting projects in a range of industries; check out our portfolio.
TBG is seeking a full-time .NET developer to work as a long-term embedded resource with one of our most important and interesting healthcare clients, located in Philadelphia, PA. The developer position will be located in the client's office. It will be integrated with the client's excellent digital team, but will also be closely aligned with TBG's team that supports the client's large digital ecosystem built on Sitecore. The job will situate the hire in a key position in relation to an extremely active digital practice, working with great colleagues.
We are ideally looking to hire a .NET Developer who is Sitecore certified with Sitecore CMS experience. If you are a .NET Developer with sustained lead developer / lead architect experience, and experience working with CMS, but not necessarily Sitecore certified or with Sitecore experience but are excited to learn, we also want to hear from you!
Candidates should be comfortable working through structured, modular, and well-documented development processes, but also have enough flexibility to work improvisationally and in rapid-development projects.
Maturity, creativity, strong problem-solving abilities, a detail-oriented and best practices approach to one's work, and the general ability to understand client needs expressed in multiple types of requirements are a must. We are seeking candidates who are meticulous, hard-working, able to multitask, have a high level of focus, and have a strong inherent interest in developing outstanding websites that solve real world problems. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important as well as a high level of personal organization. A focus on completing scheduled work within budgeted hours for a project, good stress management, and the ability to meet deadlines are essential.
It is a requirement of the position to work onsite in Philadelphia, in our client's office. Note: some travel required outside of Philadelphia.
The position requires the developer to be capable of working on the complete project life-cycle of implementing, extending and integrating complex content management systems. Candidate should be able to work well with project teams, as well as interface with clients as needed.
- Assisting in requirements gathering
- Providing critical review of wireframes and functional designs
- Developing solution architecture and database design
- Generating requirements documentation
- Performing problem-solving around new technologies and API integrations
- Coding the project and managing the tasks of co-developers as well as code review of co-developers
- Performing load, performance and scalability testing
- Managing bug fixing during the Q/A phases
- Performing deployments to production environments
- Writing documentation for and performing client training
- Supporting existing websites with new development and performing maintenance tasks
The position requires the developer to possess 3 - 5+ years of professional experience regarding the following and should be able to demonstrate current capabilities that are comparable to our existing standards for a majority of the following:
- ASP.Net (C#)
- Visual Studio
- Object-oriented programming concepts
- Relational database concepts
- HTML and CSS
- Technical writing
Other skills considered a plus:
- Major 3rd party CMS (i.e., Sitecore, Umbraco, EpiServer, Adobe, and Ektron)
- TDS, TFS, Unicorn
- jQuery and AJAX
- Git source control management
- Continuous integration tools (i.e., Octopus, Team City, Hudson, Jenkins, VSTS)
- Performance and functional testing tool use
Along with their resume, candidates should send examples of work in the form of URLs (public Github repositories, live websites or stage sites), with a general overview of what their role was related to the work examples provided. Code samples will be requested; and interesting candidates will be asked to participate in a short coding test.