QR Code Link to This Post
We provide training, vehicles, specialty tools, paid vacation, sick pay and holidays to full time employees. We also provide medical, dental and life insurance after a short probationary period.
Responsible for installing, programming and servicing various voice, data, audio/visual, server-based communications systems, circuits and equipment.
• Plans installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
• Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, PBX equipment, routers, switches; programming features; establishing connections and integration; following industry standards; coordinating with contractors.
• Verifies service by testing circuits and equipment; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
• Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
• Services existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
• Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
• Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must have computer skills and be able to navigate windows operating systems, change IP addresses, troubleshoot network issues, find files.
• Must have experience with word, outlook and excel.
• Must be willing and eager to take on new challenges.
• Technicians must have a positive attitude and be confident about their abilities.
• Must be willing to learn in both an organized classroom environment and on their own by studying operation and maintenance manuals.
• All employees are required to participate in the safety program which is detailed in the safety manual.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check. Random drug and alcohol screening is also required.
• The willingness to take college level courses and other instruction/certification courses on non-company time to increases your knowledge of computers, networks and electronics is a must.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, handle, feel and reach both above and below shoulders. The employee will be required to bend at knees and forward bending at waist. The employee is also required to stand, walk, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb ladders or work from a lift. The employee must regularly lift, carry and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception. Specific fine motor skills are also required for cable terminations/crimping/tool usage, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, dust, height hazard, and electrical hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.