QR Code Link to This Post
Porter's Office Products is an independent office solutions provider headquartered in Rexburg, ID. We are the fastest growing office products dealer in the region and have built our business on providing Blue Cow Service. Porter's Office Products is a family owned business, working with businesses since 1915. Porter's has been in the community for many years and has earned a great reputation. We excel in service that we give to our customers. Our main focus is providing solutions for our customer to better run their offices effectively and efficiently.
• Cultivates a positive team environment at all levels in the warehouse and office.
• Employs the company's core Blue Cow Service to employees and customers alike
• Set up and manage user accounts across Porter's Network systems
• Maintain and expand user- and admin-facing document, best practices, and how-tos
• Identify and resolve common hardware and software issues, and develop long-term solutions to make our systems work even better;
• Help manage our stable of in-house applications, including enforcing internal design standards, and becoming an expert resource for other teams within Porter's Network.
• Provide internal IT support functions
• Provide technical expertise to diagnose and resolve hardware and software related problems
• Strong technical aptitude, troubleshooting skills, and networking knowledge is desired
• Ability to quickly and accurately diagnose technology problems
• Works well in difficult situations to solve issues and achieve a positive result
• Ability to work under time constraints and in high-pressure situations
• Possess strong time management, documentation and organization skills
• Self-disciplined, mature, honest, courteousness
• Any other tasks assigned by supervisor or management
Summary of Experience and Education
• This is an entry-level position
• Position recommends one year of experience working in information technology or another computer-related field. Technical certifications are a plus with Microsoft, Dell, and Servers is a plus
• Applicants must be comfortable with technology and have strong computer skills.
• A basic programming knowledge, familiarity with Linux, basic knowledge of database and web application design are preferred.
• Technical knowledge of computer equipment operation, testing, and maintenance, data network systems, software installation, upgrading, and support, Microsoft operating systems, computer deployments and system imaging.
• Candidates must be self-directed and comfortable working with people. Good writing and speaking skills, an organized, patient mind, motivation, and willingness to learn new skills, are all a must.
Candidate must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, twist, bend, and climb and will frequently be required to sit for the duration of their shift. Must be able to be physically present at work and on time.
• Monday through Friday: 8am to 5pm
Please submit your resume to email address below for interview consideration.