QR Code Link to This Post
JOB OPENING #:4738
Judicial Council is transforming the way attorneys, justice partners, and the public conducts business with the California courts, the largest court system in the nation serving over 39 million residents. The Information Technology Office is responsible for introducing new technologies and electronic services to achieve the goal of a digital court. The Office is directly responsible for the development, acquisition, implementation and support of automated systems in the appellate courts, trial courts and the Judicial Council.
Court Management Services is a key component of the Digital Courts unit, providing support for operations in the areas of electronic services (e-Services and e-Filing) and court case processing for the appellate courts and the trial courts. In addition to electronic services the unit supports case management systems, court interpreter systems, systems for collecting and analyzing statistics, systems for tracking protective and restraining orders and document management systems.
The Application Development Analyst is a key role for the Digital Courts, providing database administration and support for multiple programs and applications. This position ensures databases are designed, built, and managed based on system specifications and in compliance with Judicial Council Standards. The incumbent will ensure databases are well maintained, available, up to date, secure and are protected from failures in adherence to industry best practices. The Application Development Analyst works independently with limited supervision and regularly interfaces with other database administrators, application developers, testers, systems and network administrators, as well as technical staff at the data center.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in the San Francisco or Sacramento office.
• Administer and maintain approximately database instances in production and development environments to ensure system stability and application availability.
• Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution. Work with vendor technical support to resolve database problems.
• Provide operational database support including startup, shutdown, space management, security and user access control.
• Monitor environments for system threshold limits, assessing automated alerts and actions to be taken. Analyze database performance metrics and baseline values to devise and implement remediation measures for database issues.
• Perform database backups, refreshes, and database cloning.
• Design, configure, size and install database and application software.
• Provide application development support and/or direction in the design, implementation, troubleshooting of the database code.
• Develop code using SQL, PL/SQL and Unix shell scripts that can be used in application modules, data conversion, report generation, external data interfaces.
• Performing and/or coordinating the necessary database operations to support the technical and functional application testing. Validate disaster recovery (DR) procedures in accordance with annual DR program.
• Collaborate with Application Development Analysts, System and Network Administrators and IT managers to ensure maximum availability and reliability of database environments.
• Define, review and modify database standards, conventions and processes to support the JCC applications and its users.
• Research and analyze the impact of critical patch updates before deployment.
• Provide comprehensive written reports on the root cause of database problems.
• Automate database notification alerts for potential system problems.
• Maintain an inventory of all database-supported systems, servers, OS and applications used in the JCC.
• Provide written documentation on database-related issues, processes and standards.
• Serve as back-up for other Application Development Analysts as needed
Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, information systems, or directly related field and
three (3) years of design and development experience including solid knowledge of, and proficiency
in the software used in the assignment. Additional directly related experience and/or education may
be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
• Experience with software and tools used by the Judicial Council IT office including, Oracle11g+, ERwin Data Modeler, Toad, JIRA, Eclipse, Clear Quest, and Subversion.
• Experience developing and documenting Oracle database schema based on relational models.
• Experience developing and documenting Oracle function and procedure packages using SQL, based on functional specifications and requirements.
• Experience with Oracle database performance monitoring and tuning tools and techniques.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Please note: if you are selected for hire, verification of employment eligibility or authorization to work in the United States will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration of your application for the earliest round of interviews, please apply by 5:00 P.M. on October 30, 2018. This position requires the submission of our official application, a resume and a response to the supplemental questions.
To complete an online application, please visit http://courts.ca.gov/careers.htm
The Judicial Council provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities who request such accommodation. Reasonable accommodation needs should be requested through Judicial Council of California Human Resources at (415) 865-4260. Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (415) 865-4272.
PAYMENT & BENEFITS
$7,099 - $10,648 per month
[Starting Salary: $7,099 per month]
Some highlights of our benefits package include:
• Health/Dental/Vision benefits program
• 13 paid holidays per calendar year
• Choice of Annual Leave or Sick/Vacation Leave
• 1 personal holiday per year
• $130 transit pass subsidy per month
• CalPERS Retirement Plan
• 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
• Employee Assistance Program
• Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
• FlexElect Program
• Pretax Parking
• Long Term Disability Program (employee paid/optional)
• Group Legal Plan (employee paid/optional)
The Judicial Council of California Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To better assess the qualifications of each applicant, we will review your responses to the following questions. Your answers should not exceed a total of three pages.
1. Please describe your current or most recent DBA position, your scope of responsibility, number of instances, daily tasks, the software and technology platform(s) supported.
2. Please describe the most challenging assignment you have encountered as a DBA in your current role or a prior role. Please explain how you approached the assignment and the outcome.
3. Why are you interested in this position?