QR Code Link to This Post
• Responsible for the preparation of proforma and direct construction cost estimates and master bill of materials.
• Responsible for the maintenance of master budgets, (Plan Matrix), and report monthly budget adjustments to the management group.
• Oversee the generation of monthly production estimates / budgets in accordance with start schedules.
• Administer the generation of change order pricing and “Special Pricing Projects” as required.
• Review construction documents to assess “Constructability Issues” and provide recommendations.
• Prepare and coordinate the generation of complete cost estimates, (including detailed take-offs), for all phases of construction including change order documentation.
• Interface and communicate professionally, effectively and proactively with the team regarding buy-out start management focusing on detail and accuracy.
• Review and assist in editing as necessary all specifications and scopes of work to define required contents to accommodate accurate RFI’s and RFQ’s.
• Work closely with the supply chain to initiate and define all RFQ’s and address all RFI’s.
• Generate comprehensive unit cost take-offs for pricing comps.
• Generate purchase order requisitions for all projects and work closely with the Purchasing Coordinator to release all project P.O.’s.
• Maintain price file database and working documents as back-up for cost estimate figures.
• Maintain and manage monthly project start schedule estimate and P.O. requisition priorities.
• Support other department personnel as required.
• Audit and update actual build costs to project budgets and research/resolve variances and variance purchase order requests.
• Assist site managers and operations personnel as necessary.
• Minimum five years’ experience as an estimator generating detailed quantity surveys and bills of materials.