QR Code Link to This Post
We service a large number of business clients in the Reno Tahoe area. Ideal candidate will provide clients with professional guidance and technical skills to allow the client to use technology to increase their productivity or reduce their costs. This position is responsible for planning, designing, implementing and maintaining operation of network systems.
Skills we are seeking:
· First and foremost, the ability to be a team player. Jump in and assist when other team members are behind or busy and expect to get the same from your team. Must be able to take direction from management and see tasks through to the end.
· Ability to interact on a personal level with end users from the C Level to all other positions in the company.
· 2008/2012/2016 Server setup and infrastructure design including (Active Directory setup, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Terminal Server)
· Extremely high technical aptitude, allowing for rapid learning and application of industry trends, new technologies, software and technical concepts.
· Thorough understanding of MS networking and troubleshooting.
· Strong understanding of IP networking and troubleshooting including routing, WAN setup.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills to be able to communicate technical information to clients in clear and concise layman's (non-technical) terms using both verbal and written formats.
· Communicate responsively with clients, vendors, and fellow staff members using both verbal and written formats.
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
· Comfortable working with all levels of a company from CEO through front line staff.
· Ability to represent the company in a highly professional manner.
· Strong sense of ownership and willingness to take responsibility and accountability with all client interactions.
· Provide professional quality work by completing all projects in a thorough, timely and accurate manner, producing a finished result that is functional, lasting and aesthetically pleasing.
· Ability to negotiate with vendors, clients and staff.
· Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· Ability to effectively manage time in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
· Strong designing, estimating, planning and scheduling skills.
· Competence in SMB size backup solutions, both on premise and cloud.
· Advanced knowledge of remote access, VPN, LAN and WAN topologies, Active Directory, DNS, file sharing, print sharing, Internet access, e-mail, Terminal Server, Remote Desktop.
· Knowledge of database design, administration and custom report writing (Specifically Access and SQL).
· Web development, and Internet technologies.
· Win 7, 8, 10
· Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2012/2016 Server
· Linux (desirable but not required)
· Mac (desirable but not required)
· Some Unix desirable but not required.
Software: Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. MS Office (all versions), Activesync, IIS, VPN, anti-virus/anti-malware solutions, Access, and SQL.
Job duties include:
· Maintaining customer IT environments
· Supports internal and external client technical/networking needs; provides accurate and timely resolutions to technical/networking issues.
· Educates clients, when appropriate, on functionality and features of products
· Providing IT support to clients on a day-to-day basis
· Implementing IT projects for clients (from planning through implementation)
· Identify potential areas of improvement within the client's business
· Maintain and grow client relationships
· Estimate and purchase equipment on client's behalf
· Tune systems and train client as necessary to achieve optimum operating performance
· Troubleshoot technical hardware, software and user related issues
· Follow-up on all Network Department services provided to clients
· Keep clients informed of up-to-date technology
· Maintain orderly, clean, and attractive working areas (both in office and at client locations)
· Present a professional, clean, well-groomed appearance
· Perform all other duties as assigned
· Manage client accounts and projects
Must be willing to be "on call" once every seven weeks. We typically get 2-3 after hours calls in a months' time. Must have valid drivers' license and reliable vehicle. Must be able to work well independently and within a team.
We offer opportunity for rapid advancement of skills due to the variety of IT environments we work with. This is an extremely demanding and challenging position - we are seeking individuals who are ready to go the extra mile and be compensated for it. We work in a fun, laidback, "Work hard, play hard" environment where all staff genuinely get along with one another.
We offer a great benefits package including PTO, and 100% vision, medical, dental insurance paid by employer. Please send in your resume, and salary requirements.