QR Code Link to This Post
With companies such as Microsoft, Google and HP on the customer list, MadCap Software is tackling the documentation industry by developing state-of-the-art, content workflow solutions for publishing in print, online, and on the Web. We are currently seeking a talented PC Technician to join our operations team.
This is a mid-level position for someone looking to continue a career in Information Technology. Candidate must have a can-do attitude, be self motivated, and have a desire to learn and grow.
• Setup, maintain, and troubleshoot workstations, keep drivers up-to-date, upgrade hardware and software, phones, and machine peripherals on workstations when needed.
• Respond to IT ticketing system when new requests come in from our internal/remote staff.
• Monitor event/error logs on internal machines using our internal monitoring system (Nagios), and proactively respond when appropriate, respond to issues found and escalate when needed.
• IT Inventory management using asset tracking software, keep inventory of hardware and software inventory.
• Build images in Parallels and VMware Player for various departments.
• Create new users and phone extensions on our Mitel phone system.
• Applied experience with Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 & 10 operating systems (Linux is a huge plus, but not a requirement).
• Applied experience in Microsoft Office suite and other MS software products (MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of Mitel phone systems a plus.
• Knowledge of Nagios a plus.
• Knowledge of osTicket a plus.
• Knowledge of Windows Deployment Services is a plus.
• General understanding of virtualization.
• General understanding of computer networking in a Microsoft environment.
• Experience installing network peripherals (printers, scanners, etc).
• Hardware and software troubleshooting experience required.
• Experience with standard data back-up practices a plus.
• A+ or Microsoft Certification (completed or in-progress) or equivalent experience.
Although we are looking for people who are interested in standing out individually, we pride ourselves on working together to make it happen. MadCap Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and offers challenging opportunities that go beyond the boundaries of a job description.
Local candidates only. Unrestricted US work authorization required.
Check us out on the web at http://www.madcapsoftware.com