QR Code Link to This Post
About the position:
The IT department of this non-profit organization supports voice, data, video, security and web technologies for the community, e.g., phones, computers, audio visual, building passes, and internet connectivity. The AV/Tech Support Assistant is part of a team that includes the IT Director, the Network Engineer, internal partners (Finance, Communications, Evaluation, Events, Facilities, and HR), and external vendors (Shoretel, Verizon, Level3, AT&T, CGNET, Unified AV, and Universal Pro). Normal activities for the AV/Tech Support Assistant include administrative support for the department, vendor management, initial technical support, technical support monitoring & tracking, audio visual support, and end user training.
AV support tasks:
1. Confirm that all AV room setups are ready for scheduled and unscheduled meetings.
2. Coordinate with Events Staff to support AV requirements for upcoming meetings.
3. Work with internal and external presenters to ensure AV equipment performs properly during their presentations and events.
4. Provide, as needed, support for meetings with complex AV requirements.
5. Track inventory of equipment and order supplies.
6. Coordinate repairs of equipment.
Technical Support tasks:
1. Answer calls for technical support, and comfortably answer first level tech support questions.
2. Track and assist client's Help Desk, dispatching techs, producing monthly metrics, and tracking internal satisfaction.
3. Ensure IT resources are tidy and up-to-date and that support contracts are in place and key contacts are available.
4. Schedule periodic system tests, confirm daily backups are running, and participate in yearly disaster recovery tests.
AV/Tech Support Assistant requirements include:
1. HS diploma or equivalent required.
2. Some college, advanced training or equivalent experience in AV or other related multimedia field preferred.
3. Familiarity with MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and GIFTS helpful.
4. Familiarity with Apple hardware (iPhones and iPads) and Microsoft PC systems helpful.
5. Strong telephone skills in English, with an additional language preferred.
6. Solid customer service skills, detail-oriented, professional, responsible, and dependable.
7. Strong self-motivation, willingness to follow instructions, and good communications skills.
8. Availability for training period during various weekday hours for up to two weeks.
If you are interested, please go to our website and download the application found at the bottom of our Career page - http://cgnet.com/about-us/career/.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the completed CGNET application to email@example.com.
CGNET is a privately held, profitable company with its headquarters in Mountain View, California, and people on the ground on four continents. CGNET's growing business involves providing global IT support to clients in 100 countries, as well as back-office support to our sales force. Our clients are foundations, UN agencies, conservation and relief organizations, as well as other social benefit organizations. Further information is available at https://cgnet.com.